FSGRW weather file read

newtie

Hi all-

I'm going through all manner of confusion over at the FSGRW site trying to get the location (and path to) the weather file that FSGRW creates in order for EFB to read it.

Not having much luck; either a language issue or FSGRW doesn't work with EFB in P3DV5.

Anyway, in settings in the EFB server, it says enter the path to the .wx file. There isn't one which leads me to believe that this might be the problem.

Thanks for the help,

Mark

1 hour ago, newtie said:

Hi all-

I'm going through all manner of confusion over at the FSGRW site trying to get the location (and path to) the weather file that FSGRW creates in order for EFB to read it.

Not having much luck; either a language issue or FSGRW doesn't work with EFB in P3DV5.

Anyway, in settings in the EFB server, it says enter the path to the .wx file. There isn't one which leads me to believe that this might be the problem.

Thanks for the help,

Mark

Mark,

You are talking about FSGRW, right? For FSGRW (aka FS Global Real Weather..) you don't need to enter a path, but select the file "current_weather.txt" See attached screenshot. You are setting the wrong parameters in the Settings page. You try to call up "FSRealWX"; which is NOT FSGRW. You need to use the areas marked with a BLUE frame, but you seemingly use the wrong ones, marked with RED.

FSGRW.png.475e9092d8ca4b721472d036d71bddca.png

Hi Mark,

as far as I remember from an earlier version of FSGRW, there is an option which have to be ticked in FSGRW. Without this option, FSGRW will not create the weather file. Something with "export file" or similar. See the manual of FSGRW for details.

My apologies. I am speaking about FSRealWx.

However, I went to FSRealWx for the reason Aivlasoft mentioned, that is, no weather file was ever created so I will look into that.

I just got a response from FSRealWx a minute ago. The stock config of FSReal Wx does not produce a .wx file (that EFB is looking for?)

He said he can add/change that but I wanted to check with you first that EFB will in fact recognize a metar.wx (what FSRealWx outputs) prior to the ask.

Thanks!

Mark

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 12.48.39 PM.png

Mark,

that sounds a bit confusing because EFB supports reading weather data files from FSrealWX since version 1 of EFB which was 10 years ago.

I opened the archive with the old EFB v1 source code and searched for the function which was reading FSrealWX weather data files.

This function was searching for files with postfix "*.wx", sorted them by their modification date/time and took the youngest one.

Maybe in the meantime the weather file(s) has(have) another ending than "*.wx", or maybe external files will not be created anymore?

Hi!

First, I got FSGRW to work correctly this morning by checking the Data Exchange box as you suggested, so I do have a working weather file that EFB can read. :>)

Second, the developer over at FSRealWx has created a new weather export file with the .wx extension so I'm going to try that this morning just for my own information.

I'll let you know how that works out.

Have a great day,

Mark

• 1 month later...