Pop up traffic alerts??

1 hour ago, rwilson881 said:

First I love the update. the vatsim radio scroll has made it very easy when in busy airspace.

Problem: (really just a annoyance)

I kept getting these popup traffic alerts when close to the ground (takeoff or landings)????

Thanks

Ron

Hi Ron,

Whenever there is coflicting traffic you will be warned by the simple TCAS according to the description in the Client Manual Chapter 7.1.5 Traffic. You can also turn it off in the Profile Settings.

On 7/23/2020 at 11:25 AM, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Ron,

Whenever there is coflicting traffic you will be warned by the simple TCAS according to the description in the Client Manual Chapter 7.1.5 Traffic. You can also turn it off in the Profile Settings.

I understand  and appreciate the traffic warning system in this case I'm glad it doesn't have a aural alert. If you look at the attached picture I have no conflicting traffic. I'm over water with no one below or above me. I've had this happen on multiple takeoff's and landing. Just landed at KPSP and had it happen.

thanks

Ron

1 hour ago, rwilson881 said:

I understand  and appreciate the traffic warning system in this case I'm glad it doesn't have a aural alert. If you look at the attached picture I have no conflicting traffic. I'm over water with no one below or above me. I've had this happen on multiple takeoff's and landing. Just landed at KPSP and had it happen.

thanks

Ron

Ron,

The picture show a traffic close by behind you, 200 ft above you... You can't see it unless you have a rearwards view camera...😀

On 7/24/2020 at 2:19 PM, lonewulf47 said:

Ron,

The picture show a traffic close by behind you, 200 ft above you... You can't see it unless you have a rearwards view camera...😀

Funny but no other aircraft was near me and I will assume now that there is no answer to why this is happening. Luckily I can ignore them because I know what's around me. I'd just like to know if it's something with using Vatsim (I fly online 99.9% and I'll test it offline shorty.) or just a mild bug.

18 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Ron,

it seems that this is a very rare bug in the TCAS system of EFB. I could not yet nail it down but it seems that under certain circumstances the TCAS is triggered by the own aircraft from the "snapshot" traffic. Thanks for reporting.

thanks Headley, but I pretty much only fly online so  my AI setting is always at 0.

As I said it's not a big deal because is not aural, but like in RW or in Sim on landing or takeoff hopefully I'd have enough Sit A to know what's around me.

I did just try to duplicate it at another airport online or off, and of course it was fine🤔.

So, I'll try to recreate the scenario from my snapshot and let you know.

Keep the great updates coming.

Ron

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Good to see this issue isn't just me. Came on here to report the same issue re the secondary aircraft (mine but delayed so EFB was thinking it was a second aircraft). Be nice to get it fixed. The radio ribbon is definitely a great step forward and glad it was reintroduced (even after you said no initially). Well done for listening to your customers. It does tend to dissapear on the odd occasion though and not sure how to get it back?

On 12/21/2020 at 6:38 AM, aivlasoft said:

Did you try to push the button "ATC" from the soft-buttons on the map?

Can you please advise were that button is? Also I note the new update and have installed it. I'm guessing the above issue fix wasn't included in this update as it is still continuing.

6 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Ben,

please see the manual "5 EN Client.pdf" chapter 13.3.

Thanks. This does not occur on the ground though.... The green box only shows once in the air. Having that option on the ground will also assist?

Also any update on the duplicate planes? I'm guessing it wasn't in the update?

The so called 'soft buttons' should also be available on the ground chart. It's a glitch in the latest update. They will be available again with next update.

On 12/26/2020 at 8:47 PM, benjoglove said:

Also any update on the duplicate planes? I'm guessing it wasn't in the update?

It should be part of this latest update. Can you check whether your EFB flight plan contains your callsign? The callsign is used to identify your own aircraft in the snapshot traffic data.

When it happens the next time

1. could you please create a set of support files, one from the Server, one from the Client and upload them here? Alternatively you also may send them to support@aivlasoft.com.
  2. Let me know your call sign and how did you create the flight plan (manually in EFB, or externally in SimBrief, or PFPX, or other source).

thank you! 

6 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

When it happens the next time

1. could you please create a set of support files, one from the Server, one from the Client and upload them here? Alternatively you also may send them to support@aivlasoft.com.
  2. Let me know your call sign and how did you create the flight plan (manually in EFB, or externally in SimBrief, or PFPX, or other source).

thank you! 

FD480 - Created in Simbrief and then imported in.

departing pic 1.png

departing pic 2.png

Client_202012280930.txt.zip Server_202012280930.txt.zip

Hi Ben,

thank you for these screenshots. I did a couple of test flights this morning, created the flight plans in SimBrief and as an alternative one flight plan manually  in EFB.

Unfortunately I could not reproduce it that my aircraft was indicated as red snapshot traffic and also not as a TCAS target. However, on a second installation of EFB (not connected with the simulator) I could see my aircraft as a red snapshot traffic item.

My guess is that the callsign was either not properly entered in SimBrief or it was a typo in the callsign which prevented EFB from detecting your own aircraft in the snapshot traffic. Can you please check the following items when doing your next flight:

1. SimBrief: ATC Callsign entered, see screenshot below. Callsign not to be mistaken for Flight-No.
  2. EFB Sidebar: Check whether your callsign is displayed on the EFB sidebar in the routing panel

SimBriefCallsign.png

On 12/28/2020 at 8:37 PM, aivlasoft said:

Hi Ben,

thank you for these screenshots. I did a couple of test flights this morning, created the flight plans in SimBrief and as an alternative one flight plan manually  in EFB.

Unfortunately I could not reproduce it that my aircraft was indicated as red snapshot traffic and also not as a TCAS target. However, on a second installation of EFB (not connected with the simulator) I could see my aircraft as a red snapshot traffic item.

My guess is that the callsign was either not properly entered in SimBrief or it was a typo in the callsign which prevented EFB from detecting your own aircraft in the snapshot traffic. Can you please check the following items when doing your next flight:

1. SimBrief: ATC Callsign entered, see screenshot below. Callsign not to be mistaken for Flight-No.
  2. EFB Sidebar: Check whether your callsign is displayed on the EFB sidebar in the routing panel

SimBriefCallsign.png

Sorry for late reply.

I have added the ATC call sign as requested as per pic and still get the issue sorry to say. Not sure exactly were to find the call sign in routing panel so have included the whole screenshot of EFB.

image.png.b48fd7c86c76f0c509991f32ddb768d3.png

image.thumb.png.bf8dad3ff7d28c993b2913a9a96f1c54.png

Hi Ben,

on your screenshot I can see that the callsign is missing in EFB. It should be displayed where the red arrow points to:

MissingCallsign.png

So the question is how do you transfer the flight plan from SimBrief to EFB?

Steps that I take when creating a flight plan with SimBrief are as follows:

1. Create flight plan (New Flight, or Edit Flight)
  2. Check Callsign and Pilot-ID
  3. Press 'Generate OFP' on top of the Dispatch Options

SimBriefSteps.png

That's all I'm doing at SimBrief, now switching to EFB:

1. Press 'FPL' to start importing your flight plan from SimBrief
  2. Select tab 'Internet', then 'SimBrief'
  3. Check/Enter your SimBrief Pilot-ID
  4. Press 'Start' and your latest flight plan from SimBrief will be downloaded (see note *1 at the end of this post)
  5. Press 'Next' and review the flight plan details, especially the callsign
  6. When all is OK, press 'Finish' to activate the FPL in EFB
  7. Check your callsign on the EFB sidebar (routing panel)

Create flight plan.png

*1) Downloading flight plan from SimBrief using their API (app programming interface):

If you have created your flight plan with a certain AIRAC cycle, you can only download this flight plan as long as this cycle is valid. If you try to download such a flight plan when the cycle is no longer valid, it will result in an error.

I have to say that I don't know what happens if one is using the outdated and free cycle of SimBrief, because I'm only using the latest cycles.