RayProudfoot

Sunrise / sunset calculated times in Airport Info page.

Hi Urs / Oskar,

On the Airport Info page the Overview tab shows the sunrise / sunset times for the selected airport together with the time to go before those events happen.

I'm flying eastward from Phoenix, Arizona to Dallas, Texas using historic time from yesterday. Date is 26/6/20 and current local time is 19:54 (01:54Z 27/6).

However, the time to sunset states 23:51 to go. In fact it's around 45 mins. Any ideas on this?

Hi Ray,

that seems to be correct. EFB is calculating the civil sunset/sunrise times, not nautical times.

It is the NEXT sunset that is meant (at 27/6/ 19:41),  not the one the just happened a few minutes ago (26/6/20 19:42 local time).

Hi Urs,

Thanks for your answer but I'm not sure I made my point clearly enough. Let me give an example. All times are UT for convenience.

Using current time at Manchester of 11:07UT The Info page shows sunset at 20:40 UT with a time to go of 09h 38m.  So 11:07 + 09:38 = 20:45. That's close enough.

But if I put the time in the sim back 3 hours so it's now 08:11UT the sunset time is still 20:40 but the time to go remains at 09h 33m. Shouldn't it be 12h 29m or thereabouts?

The time remaining seems to be calculated on current time and not sim time. Might it be more helpful to the user if sim time was used for Time to Go?

Hi Ray,

the answer is simple ... the update of these times is only triggered at the following moments:

- when the airport in EFB changes

- when you switch the tab (e.g. from "Overview" to "Nearby navaids" and back)

If you change the time in the simulator, while your airport in EFB remains unchanged and this dialog remains open, the times will not be updated automatically.

To update these times, select one of the above mentioned methods.