EFB 2.1.118 with P3DV5 (HF1 and HF2)

Hello,

From a "couple of weeks" I'm getting some trouble with EFB :

• When building the database I see many (a lot of!) "Invalid navaid:" (Server log files are attached to this post)
  • Very often, ILS are not available (for example, at LIPZ, LSGG, LICJ, EBBR, etc) for flight plans but are available in DEP/ARR CDU (and in Little Navmap or Navigraph Charts). 
  • Sometimes airport parkings and gate are incorrect (but are correct in P3D and Little Navmap or Navigraph Charts), I attached 2 images of LSGG.

I made a fresh install of W10 + P3D V5 HF1 on May, 29th. I started to use EFB v2 for all my flights on May, 30th and was particularly happy with it. I added fsAerodata on June, 17th to try to correct some 1° error on RWYs HDG / ILS courses (with no success). Finally I upgraded my P3D V5 on June, 24th. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact date of the first problem with EFB (I didn't worry thinking they were single cases and not a global problem).

Best regards,

Didier

Thank You Oskar!

A few days ago I read some posts about ILS not showing (perhaps the "4264")...
The solution to my "ILS problem" was to remove fsAerodata (I first disabled it then uninstalled P3D Content and Scenery then reinstalled them): ILS are now OK.

But, I still have incorrect gates and parkings. It's as if EFB was only considering the default P3D gates and parkings... I'm using LSGG from Aerosoft, LIPZ from RFSceneryBuilding (for P3D V5).

Didier

LSGG-EFB.png

2 hours ago, DaddyBoon said:

Thank You Oskar!

A few days ago I read some posts about ILS not showing (perhaps the "4264")...
The solution to my "ILS problem" was to remove fsAerodata (I first disabled it then uninstalled P3D Content and Scenery then reinstalled them): ILS are now OK.

But, I still have incorrect gates and parkings. It's as if EFB was only considering the default P3D gates and parkings... I'm using LSGG from Aerosoft, LIPZ from RFSceneryBuilding (for P3D V5).

Didier

Hi Didier,

Can you check on the (i) page, which BGL is used to draw the ground layout?

LSGG_GND.png.25b483c69224d152da5b42fbcf8dfb39.png

Hi Oskar,

You're right! I should have begun checking this point!

My LSGG addon is found but skipped ("Exclude definition").

2020-06-27 11:45:25.352   Debug   : ++ Found scenery category in: D:\P3D\World\EU\Suisse\Aerosoft Geneva Professional V5\add-on.xml
2020-06-27 11:45:32.379   Debug   : #464   add-ons.cfg (ProgramData, SceneryPath)   D:\P3D\World\EU\Suisse\Aerosoft Geneva Professional V5\Scenery   !! Skipped !! (Exclude definition)

In fact all the addons I've placed outside of the "Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\" folder are ignored, flagged as "!! Skipped !! (Exclude definition)", including Orbx ones that reside in the "Orbx Main Library". 

LSGG No Addon.png

1 hour ago, DaddyBoon said:

Hi Oskar,

You're right! I should have begun checking this point!

My LSGG addon is found but skipped ("Exclude definition").

2020-06-27 11:45:25.352   Debug   : ++ Found scenery category in: D:\P3D\World\EU\Suisse\Aerosoft Geneva Professional V5\add-on.xml

2020-06-27 11:45:32.379   Debug   : #464   add-ons.cfg (ProgramData, SceneryPath)   D:\P3D\World\EU\Suisse\Aerosoft Geneva Professional V5\Scenery   !! Skipped !! (Exclude definition)

In fact all the addons I've placed outside of the "Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\" folder are ignored, flagged as "!! Skipped !! (Exclude definition)", including Orbx ones that reside in the "Orbx Main Library". 

LSGG No Addon.png

Hi Didier,

The only explanation for that is that you might use non-standard installations paths. Under "C:\Users\User\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\DbBuilder\Base" you will find a file named "BglSceneryExclude.txt", where many well known paths are collected to allow the DbBuilder a certain filtering for non-scenery paths. You might want to check whether one of the path definitions coincidentially match your installation path. Whether or not an external ORBX library is used has no influence on that behaviour, as long as you don't use your own path definition which might match one of the definition in the abovementioned Exclusion File. I do use an external ORBX Path without any problems.

You might consider to send a set of Support File to allow us tracing the SbBuilding Process.

It's OK, AivlaSoft EFB is great again ;-)

My airports are stored under "D:\P3D\World\...".

So I commented the line "\World\" then rebuilt the database.

\FSAD_Airways\
\FSAD_NamedX\
//\World\
\MyTraffic\

I hope that using folders "...\Scenery\World\..." content will not be an issue 🙄😬

Anyway, LSGG, LIPZ, ecc are all OK now.

Thank You Oskar! Great product and great support, it's rare and precious.

Didier

LSGG OK.png

LIPZ OK.png

1 hour ago, DaddyBoon said:

It's OK, AivlaSoft EFB is great again ;-)

My airports are stored under "D:\P3D\World\...".

So I commented the line "\World\" then rebuilt the database.

I hope that using folders "...\Scenery\World\..." content will not be an issue 🙄😬

Anyway, LSGG, LIPZ, ecc are all OK now.

Thank You Oskar! Great product and great support, it's rare and precious.

Didier

Hi Didier,

Thank you  for your kind words ! Using this folder name was exactly the cause. The thing is of course that you will now see a few entries in the DbLogfile pointing to the items in  ...\scenery\... and being commented "no scenery found" as the DbBilder will now look for EFB2 relevant BGLs in that folder. I hope there are not too many...

In this respect it was  a bad idea to use a folder name which is used by default and contains non-pertinent stuff which therefore should be filtered...