SIMarc New Islamabad International Airport - OPIS, 28R/10L Missing

Hi Faisal,

Generally spoken, the primary remedy is for the developer of the airport AddOn to issue a proper airport layout BGL. EFB2 can only display what the Sim is providing. In the case op OPIS I have no clue as to how the layout BGL is done. Therefore the two possibilities exist: either the developer issues a proper BGL or you send me the BGL in question (to be found on the Airports Info page under "File(s)") and I'll have a look whether I can solve the issue.

Ok, and here is the solution.

1.) Replace the original "OPIS_ADEX_ADE.bgl" with the new one below. Do not just replace the original BGL, but set it to OFF inorder to preserve it
2.) Copy the OPIS.BGL into your AFCAD folder in the Server's documents path

The reason for this procedure is the following:

The original "OPIS_ADEX_ADE.bgl" has RWY 10L/28R deactivated (that's how EFB2 interpretes it) by closing it or all AI traffic. This causes EFB2 to ignore the RWY, despite it being in the BGL with all necessary ILS data. The "OPIS_ADEX_ADE.bgl" below leaves the AI traffic settings unchanged. Nevertheless I corrected all misplaced ILS DMEs to give correct readings in the Approach Profile. But it would still not show the northern RWY, as for EFB2 it remains closed. I didn't want to change the AI settings inorder to not interfere with the Designers Intentions. That's why you have to copy the "OPIS.BGL" into the AFCAD path. After all changes re-run the DbBuilder and everything should show up correctly. I will add OPIS.BGL to the AFCAD list at a later stage.

OPIS_ADEX_ADE.bgl OPIS.bgl

Hi Faisal,

Hope you are well and good, just reading this post as I am paid customer of SIM-ARC Islamabad International Airport.

Same using Aivlasoft efb v2 just needed your help about the same problem, I have downloaded these to files, after putting them to the relevant folders.

The new OPIS_ADEX_ADEfile needs to go in the scenery folder of Sim - Arc OPIS?

Do i have to run the database server after putting these to files in there relevant folders.

I appreciate your help in this query and soon will be able to use rwy 28R/10L.

Thank you for your help, will wait for your reply.

Tariq

31 minutes ago, Tariq said:

Hi Faisal,

Hope you are well and good, just reading this post as I am paid customer of SIM-ARC Islamabad International Airport.

Same using Aivlasoft efb v2 just needed your help about the same problem, I have downloaded these to files, after putting them to the relevant folders.

The new OPIS_ADEX_ADEfile needs to go in the scenery folder of Sim - Arc OPIS?

Do i have to run the database server after putting these to files in there relevant folders.

I appreciate your help in this query and soon will be able to use rwy 28R/10L.

Thank you for your help, will wait for your reply.

Tariq

Salaam Tariq,

Yes, the new OPIS_ADEX_ADE.BGL should go in the scenery folder of the OPIS addon airport... Rename the old (original) one to "OPIS_ADEX_ADE.OFF"...

Then place the "OPIS.BGL" in the "..\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\AFCAD" folder...

Then run the database server and use tab "update simulator", start scanning... and will be sorted...

Hope that helps,

Faisal

• 3 months later...

Hi Faisal, 

Hope you are well and safe, first of all many thanks for sorting out the 2nd runway at OPIS.

I wonder if you can do the same for OPLA, as yesterday I was assigned to land at 36L, but Aivlasoft efb did not shown the strip at all, FMC is all good as well as charts.

please let me know as d v4.5, really appreciate for this favour.

Many thanks,

best regards 

Tariq