Total Flight Time includes time sim paused

Gents, on some of my flights I have to pause the sim for a while. EFB is fine in this respect except for logging the total flight time on the flight log.

For example on today's flight from Dubai to King Khaled I paused P3D for 30 mins for lunch. The time I departed was 04:54Z and arrival time was 06:14Z. Total flight time = 1h 20m. But EFB is showing Total Flight time as 1h 49m. That is including the pause of 30 mins. Shouldn't it just be the time difference between departure and arrival?

• 6 months later...

Hi Urs,

I hope you had a happy and safe Christmas and my best for 2021. I flew Concorde yesterday and paused the flight whilst I had lunch. Looking at the log after landing the flight time included the 25 min break I took. According to your post it should have been fixed.

On a slightly different topic I notice the ISA deviation isn't shown against OAT on the info column to the right when the deviation is between -4 and +4. Whilst that may not matter for sub-sonic aircraft the air temperature makes a big difference to the efficiency of Concorde's engines. Could you show the deviation irrespective of its value please?

Hi Ray,

I had a look at the source code and can see that I changed it as described above (flight time = arrival time - departure time). At that time I must have overlooked that this correction does only fix a bug which occurred when using simulator time instead of computer time. Now, after a deeper insight, I realize more and more that considering 'Pause ON' and 'Pause OFF' would lead to a rewrite of major parts of EFB, because there are a zillion of calculations in EFB based on computer time. So all of these calculations would have to be rewritten to consider Pause ON and OFF. This would require hundreds of hours of programming and testing. That's simply not possible.

However, I will change the indication of the ISA temperature.

Hi Urs,

Thanks for explaining why this flight time calculation cannot be changed without massive amounts of work. I'll have to defer lunch when flying Concorde since it's not really possible to leave it unattended for such a period.

Thanks for tweaking the ISA Dev display. 👍