Jump to content

SimBrief generated flight plans


kevchris
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello - I use Simbrief to generate a flight plan.   When I attempt to load this flight plan into EFB, it gives me an error message that certain waypoints in that generated flight plan are invalid, and therefore I cannot proceed.  Simply stated, it appears that EFB does not recognize some of the waypoints in the flight plan generated by simbrief.

 

If someone can tell me what I may be missing, I would be most appreciative.

 

Thank you,

 

Kevin MacDonald

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
48 minutes ago, flightman49 said:

Having the same issue. Getting error when I try to import route from Simbrief. I am running the trial version of the EFB. I am ready to purchase the product but cannot commit until this issue is resolved. Need Help!!!!!

Which AIRAC Cycle are you using in EFB and which in SimBrief?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello ??? (please observer the forum rules and sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks)

 

EFB is using the SimBrief API as explained on this page:

https://www.simbrief.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1422

So you can always test the function in your own browser. Just follow the instructions given on that page.

 

If I recall correct the "latest" flight plan is meant as the latest with the current cycle. If you created your latest flight plan in SimBrief using cycle 2010 or lower and now the current cycle in SimBrief is 2011, you won't be able to download your flight plan again.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

 

EFB is using the SimBrief API as explained on this page:

https://www.simbrief.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1422

So you can always test the function in your own browser. Just follow the instructions given on that page.

 

If I recall correct the "latest" flight plan is meant as the latest with the current cycle. If you created your latest flight plan in SimBrief using cycle 2010 or lower and now the current cycle in SimBrief is 2011, you won't be able to download your flight plan again.

 

I am using the most current AIRAC cycle 2011 in Simbrief and I believe that is what EFB is using. I went to the web page mentioned above and they talk about XML and API. I am not familiar with any of this. If it requires changing the XML then I would not even know where to access this file. I was hoping that AivlaSoft EFB was little more user friendly. I will continue to search for a solution but not optimistic about finding one.

Thank you for your help

Frank  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Frank,

 

1 hour ago, flightman49 said:

I was hoping that AivlaSoft EFB was little more user friendly.

it seems that I have misunderstood your first post. I thought you are talking about the built-in function in EFB to automatically download the latest flight plan built with SimBrief. Therefore I explained how this function is working "behind the curtain".

 

But now I realized that you are talking about downloading the plans from SimBrief, using their Downloader. OK, good to read that you have found a solution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

I have the same issue, I'm in the evaluation period but in spite of trying may different ways, I'm not able import flight plan from Simbrief, every time it gives a message 'wrong waypoints". Both are using the same AIRAC cycles (2106 at this moment). By while, the solution for me is create the fpn inside Aivla and recriate on airplane FMS. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ricardo Teixeira said:

I have the same issue, I'm in the evaluation period but in spite of trying may different ways, I'm not able import flight plan from Simbrief, every time it gives a message 'wrong waypoints". Both are using the same AIRAC cycles (2106 at this moment). By while, the solution for me is create the fpn inside Aivla and recriate on airplane FMS. 

 

How do you export the file? Can you post the flight plan file here (should have the ending *.efbr) for investigation? I can do it both ways without any problems - i.e. either export the file dirctly from SimBrief and then copy it into "C:\Users\User\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\Routes" or using the SimBiref Downloader, which copies it directly into the mentioned path. Both ways work flawlessly.

Nevertheless I ask myself why you don't use the direct import into EFB with your SimBrief ID number.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, thank you in advance for your attention.
My first strategy was to import directly using "Simbrief Account ID", was when I noticed the problem of not recognizing some waypoints. After several attempts, including copying and pasting the SImbrief flight plan into the EFBv2 "Copy/Paste" tab, I decided there was no way. So, as a second strategy, I decided to do exactly what you suggested: export the file via "Simbrief Downloader" directly to the folder where the EFB reads the flight plans. The flight plan appears in the "Company Routes" list, but when I select it and proceed using it, the problem returned. I started to think that the problem was an inconsistency in the updating of the EFB charter cycles, with MSFS, Aerosoft CRJ airplanes FMS and Simbrief. Today there was an update of MSFS2020 and navigraph Cycle 2106, now revision 4. I redid the procedure, but the error persists when I import via my Simbrief user. I performed the second strategy, and this time I managed to have the flight plan created in Simbrief, inside EFB v2, considering the efbr archive. The departure procedure from SBGL, UGRO1A via SIDUR was accepted, as suggested by Simbrief, but ARRIVAL, I can't. This is the route: SBGL/15 UGROK1A SIDUR UZ10 EDMUS EDMUS1A SBGR/09L The route (created on Simbrief) is fully understood by the FMS CRJ700 and Navigraph, but not by the EFBv2. 
I hope this long an detailed explanation helps you understand my problem. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

SBGLSBGR01.efbr

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Ricardo,

 

it is essential to have the same AIRAC cycle on all sides, SimBrief, EFB database, MSFS (BGL files) and aircraft FMS.

 

If a change happened to either the AIRAC cycle data OR MSFS navaids data, the EFB database has to be maintained according to the following rules:

 

1) When an AIRAC Cycle (Navigraph FMS data) has been updated, you also have to update the EFB database using the "Update Navdata" function.

2) When the Navigraph MSFS navaids data has been updated (which alters the BGL files), you also have to update the EFB database using the "Update Simulator" function.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Ricardo,

For any reason that I don't know yet I can't download the attached flightplan. Neverhtless I have recreated the very same routing in SimBrief and imported into EFB2. See attached screenshots: This is the routing as it is presented after downloading with my SimBrief ID:

 

EFB2_RTG01.png.6e753afa659731beed2a775473e3af3a.png

 

and this is the routing when completed with SID and STAR:

 

EFB2_RTG02.thumb.png.e083008aa4a135db4e23cfd953e5cdf5.png

 

I do not see any warnings regarding "wrong waypoints" at any stage.

So the question arises whether you really are using the latest AIRAC Revision in EFB2. You mentioned that you are still in the evaluation period. Maybe you are still using the  Navdata Files from the basic install? Can you check this in the following directory, whether you have exactly the same files there (replace the pathname "user" by your username):

 

NG_01.png.e4dbf4040eb8bcc6b5ee26195be27293.png

 

Other than that I have no idea what is wrong in your installation. In any case I can use the suggested routing without any problems.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hy ! 
Finally it looks working fine now! in fact, there was a incompatible cycles, because the cycle 2106 has different  revisions and today, when I started the EFB2 server, it advise me about the new revision of Navigraph cycle 2106, asking me to create a DB! I did this update on EFB DB and now it all looks function okay. I'll restart doing my  evaluation, and make contact with you as soon I finish! Thanks a lot for attention! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for the information regarding the database. As for the CRJ's: There is a profile for the CRJ-700. Just open the profile in the profile editor (please see the manual about that) and add the airfile name "crj7" (without the "") into the input field for the airfile names. Then select "OK" and RESTART the client. This will re-index the profiles and thereafter the CRJ-700 profile should be available in EFB.

As I don't have the CJ-550/700 I'm not using any of these profiles. Maybe some other users here will step in and provide you with a profile for the CRJ-550.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, thanks!

On 6/25/2021 at 2:30 AM, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Ricardo,

For any reason that I don't know yet I can't download the attached flightplan. Neverhtless I have recreated the very same routing in SimBrief and imported into EFB2. See attached screenshots: This is the routing as it is presented after downloading with my SimBrief ID:

 

EFB2_RTG01.png.6e753afa659731beed2a775473e3af3a.png

 

and this is the routing when completed with SID and STAR:

 

EFB2_RTG02.thumb.png.e083008aa4a135db4e23cfd953e5cdf5.png

 

I do not see any warnings regarding "wrong waypoints" at any stage.

So the question arises whether you really are using the latest AIRAC Revision in EFB2. You mentioned that you are still in the evaluation period. Maybe you are still using the  Navdata Files from the basic install? Can you check this in the following directory, whether you have exactly the same files there (replace the pathname "user" by your username):

 

NG_01.png.e4dbf4040eb8bcc6b5ee26195be27293.png

 

Other than that I have no idea what is wrong in your installation. In any case I can use the suggested routing without any problems.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...