wrong approaches in EFB v2

EDIT: Moved to the proper forum by Admin

Hi guys i found out a problem with my EFB today. as example when i choose LOWW arrival for rwy 34, which is in real life a cat 1 approach it shows me in the rwy remarks it is cat 3. also it shows me that theres no LOC available for rwy 11 and 16 which is strange since in FSX i have a ILS/DME. i have an addon scenery and in the BGL files the ILS approach is marked as cat 1 but EFB says its cat 3. somebody knows a fix? thanks ~ Alex :)

hi @aivlasoft thanks for the reply and for moving the topic (my fault i didn't saw the BIG FAT "NOT FOR SUPPORT" sign :D ) yeah i know the topic and i read it. I have the Navigraph FMS updater and yesterday i update from cycle 2005 to 2006 but the ILS/LOC approach/frequencies are still missing. On the vacc-Austria charts the ILS/LOC are displayed as cat I (or something). i cant figure out whats wrong.

2 hours ago, Alexander Naumann said:

hi @aivlasoft thanks for the reply and for moving the topic (my fault i didn't saw the BIG FAT "NOT FOR SUPPORT" sign :D ) yeah i know the topic and i read it. I have the Navigraph FMS updater and yesterday i update from cycle 2005 to 2006 but the ILS/LOC approach/frequencies are still missing. On the vacc-Austria charts the ILS/LOC are displayed as cat I (or something). i cant figure out whats wrong.

Hi Alexander,

Frequency and ident of a navaid are compared with "real world" data from ARINC. But the navaid is still defined in the BGL! In the case of LOWW I use FlyTampa's LOWW AddOn and it shows all frequencies and ID correctly.

LOWW-ILS.png.e5996b8a94ea83ba970c72dd086efa77.png

All those ILS data are contained in the Airport BGL "LOWW_DEICE_ADEP4_FLYTAMPA.bgl" and crosschecked with ARINC data. The "problem" of ILS categorization is a simple flag in the ARINC dataset and of no importance for correct display of frequency and ID. The only difference it makes, is that in the Approach Profile the Minima Columns for CAT II and CAT III are showing up, but of course with the remark "NA". That's all...

Addendum:

I just checked FlyTampa, ORBX and the default airport , the latter however only in P3DV4, and all show 4 correct ILS installations. So your installation must be outdated regarding ILS.

Yes, that's basically it. The "normal" navaids (VORs, NDBs TACANs etc) are in the default scenery BGLs with the Prefix APX*** (airport layouts, ILS) and  NVX*** (all other navaids). You can only tune a navaid if it is defined within a BGL file. In the case of the ILS usually the Aiport AddOn Designers include the most recent ILS in their airport layout BGL. This will then kinda "oversteer" the default ILS (if wrong in the default BGL) and replace it with the correct data. Most of it is described in the linked article to our Q&A section. Unfortunately this is the way all FSX/P3D (so-called MS-based simulators) work with with navaids. EFB2 of course uses the most recent (if regularly updated) ARINC data, but this is only used for display within EFB2. You can never tune a navaid that is only used in EFB2.

Just as a sidenote: X-Plane is much more straightforward in this respect. there is only ONE database used throughout the entire simulator and this database is updateable within the 4-weeks AIRAC Cycle. So in fact there cannot be any conflict with any navaids, if both EFB2 and S-Plane use the same AIRAC Cycle, because all navaids within the same cycle are identical.