EFB2 Client "Access to the path is denied."

Greetings,

1. Prepar3D
  2. EFB v2 Client 2.1 #118
  3. EFB v2 setup: single machine
  4. EFB v2 setup: costum path (installed in a hdd, different hard drive from windows) 
  5. Using free trial version
  6. Steps to reproduce the behavior:
  • download the client exe from website
  • install the client
  • run client => error (see image in attach) => quit before opening

thank you.

Client Error.PNG

11 hours ago, Pedro Mendonça said:

Greetings,

1. Prepar3D
  2. EFB v2 Client 2.1 #118
  3. EFB v2 setup: single machine
  4. EFB v2 setup: costum path (installed in a hdd, different hard drive from windows) 
  5. Using free trial version
  6. Steps to reproduce the behavior:
  • download the client exe from website
  • install the client
  • run client => error (see image in attach) => quit before opening

thank you.

Hi Pedro,

Windows does not - for any reason unknown to us - allow accessing the path. We do really need more information about your complete Installation. Please retrieve the Support Files for both Server and Client from the Windows Start menu. Anyway for a first and basic installation we would heavily recommend to use the default installation paths.

Hello lonewulf47,

I've run the DB process in server and found out the same problem at the end of the process, image in attach.

I did installed in admin mode and always run in admin mode.

Things that I've tested so far. I've run the sfc /scannow to see if some information on my windows is corrupted, and added the installation folder to the firewall, so far no good results.

I executed the AivlaSoft.Efb.SupportFile, it created 2 files has a result, they are in attach.

regards

Server_202005151040.txt.zipClient_202005151040.txt.zip

Server Error.PNG

Pedro,

from the logfile I can see the error "Access to the path is denied". This means that the DbBuilder is not allowed to access the following path:

G:\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\DbBuilder\ReadyServer\

You should check the access rights for the root data path (G:\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2) and all its children paths, or as lonewulf47 already mentioned, try to install using the default data path (C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2 ... ) which usually does allow for such.

Greetings,

The G:\Documents is my default documents folder, is the one that the installer chooses to install by default also, I don't have a C:\Users\<username>\Documents\. But I will try to install the documents section in another folder/hard drive, and also de software in other hard drive.

Greetings,

OK, I did tried to change the installation folders and indeed the issue was with the Documents folder (where it says "Data Folder" in instalation setup).

So I've chosen another folder in Documents, like G:\Documents\EFB2\ instead of G:\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\, and the problems persisted, however then I changed the data folder to be outside My Documents and now it enters the program's window. 

Really strange, do you have any advice for things that I should search to see what might be wrong with my documents folder?

thank you