Client auf Laptop

Hi,

ich habe EFB2 Client auf meinen Laptop installiert. Es kommt aber keine Verbindung  zum Server zustande. Er bleibt stehen bei " waiting for Server " . Vom PC wo ich auch EFB2 Client installiert habe kommt eine Verbindung  zustande. Auf dem Laptop und PC sind alle Ordner und Platten freigegeben. 

Ich benutze P3Dv3 und Win10. Littlenavmap das auch auf dem Laptop installiert ist macht eine Verbindung über die IP Adresse ohne Probleme daher sollte es an der Einstellung von EFB2 liegen.

Hoffe es kann mir einer helfen.

Gruß Reinhard

1 hour ago, chopperlein said:

Hi,

ich habe EFB2 Client auf meinen Laptop installiert. Es kommt aber keine Verbindung  zum Server zustande. Er bleibt stehen bei " waiting for Server " . Vom PC wo ich auch EFB2 Client installiert habe kommt eine Verbindung  zustande. Auf dem Laptop und PC sind alle Ordner und Platten freigegeben. 

Ich benutze P3Dv3 und Win10. Littlenavmap das auch auf dem Laptop installiert ist macht eine Verbindung über die IP Adresse ohne Probleme daher sollte es an der Einstellung von EFB2 liegen.

Hoffe es kann mir einer helfen.

Gruß Reinhard

Hi Reinhard,

I'm sorry but according to our Forum Rules all requests and contributions must be made in English. To solve your problem, we require some more information. I take it that you are working with the newest build# 118 (Server and Client). When opening the Client for the first time, the window shown below should have opened:

CLI_IP.png.90f2ac0ec20f028095b26dcf8cdc6b72.png

There is actually nothing else required. Just make sure you are really on the same build# for Server and Client.

Either way a set of support files from the Server and the Laptop Client would be helpful.

https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3046-how-to-create-a-support-file/

I have however another assumption. Are you familiar with editing simple text files?

I guess you updated EFB2 all the time properly with the automatic update feature. Therefore the old TcpPort number is still in use.

But to make sure about this we would require the two support files, 1 from the Server and   from the Laptop Client.

54 minutes ago, chopperlein said:

yes, all ok now 🙂 I found my presumption confirmed. If you are able to use a simple text editor on a text file, then do the following:

- navigate on your Laptop to the folder "C:\Users\reinh\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\Settings

- within that folder open the file "ClientSettings.txt" with a text editor

- in the [Network] section look for the  line "TcpPortNumber = 57892"

- change this number to 51748

- save the file and start the Client. It should connect now normally to the network

If you are not familiar with text changes, just post the ClientSetting.txt file here and I'll do the changes for you.

The background of this story is the following: At some point we had to change the TcpPortAdress for technical reasons. We decided to leave the old (51748) PortAdress while all installled systems remained in the automatic update process. Now that you enlarged your network by a freshly downloaded (I guess at least) #118 Client, the new TcpPortAdress 57892 was installed for that client. Therefore the new Client was looking for a connection on that port, but of course couldn't find any. Actually which TcpPortAddress you use, whether the old one or new one is of no importance. Server and ALL Clients however MUST ALL use the same port number.