Sign in to follow this  
Wayne

Update #118 airports missing

I am using P3Dv4.5 I just updated to #118 and all the airports are suddenly missing after updating I selected the database on request checked update navdata and update simulator was selected and scanned then started the server then client but still no airports I even reinstalled same problem no airports but the flight plan is loading but can't see the airport even using airport / find / ICAO code the airport shows up but when selected no airport is visible was fine before the update never had an issue with the software in all the years I have been using it any help would be appreciated with thanks.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.05.07 - 02.23.29.06.png

14 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

It looks like you have fsAerodata installed on the Server machine. This product is not support by EFB. Please see the specifications.

Ah I see yes that was the problem I have now totally removed all files associated with fsAerodata and reinstalled P3D and rebuilt EFB database and all is good however, and this is my personal opinion and I appreciate your help but now I am left with a dilemma what has nothing to do with the fantastic support and I love your product it has been a must have for me but now I have to decide which program to use now? As I am so used to them working in harmony now I have to make a choice stop using EFB and going back to 100% use of charts or stop using fsAerodata and have a totally messed up simulator experience wrong nav aids and runways ect  P3D4.5 is not good without fsAerodata ILS approaches are pretty much unplayable without it at my favourite airports I am going to probably have to quit using EFB in my opinion which is a shame because it makes using airports so much easier.

Thanks for you're help.

I take it that you are aware of Hervé Sors' Navaid Updates (including regional ILS updates): https://aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html   This way you have all Navaids updated at each AIRAC cycle. Of course especially regarding ILS' this is not affecting Add-On airports, but that's the same with fsAerodata.

3 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

I take it that you are aware of Hervé Sors' Navaid Updates (including regional ILS updates): https://aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html   This way you have all Navaids updated at each AIRAC cycle. Of course especially regarding ILS' this is not affecting Add-On airports, but that's the same with fsAerodata.

Oh my yes I used to use that many moons ago in FSX thanks for the reminder I have installed and happy you have saved the day many thanks guys.

I too regret this incompatibility.  I guess it is because fsaerodata has to be below all add-on airports since P3Dv4.5 HF 2 whereas it could override add-ons by being above them previously.  Why not consider an option where fsaerodata's BGLs could be scanned as an option?  I have been a long-time EFB user and this, as it seems it is for the OP, is a very bad turn of events for me.

Jeff,

it is the way how fsAerodata is doing it which is not compatible with the logic in EFB. From a higher point of view it's the 'old problem' that the BGL files contain both airport data and navdata. Tools like fsAerodata and Hervé Sors Updates have to cope with this but they do it in different ways. While Hervé Sors' is compatible, fsAerodata unfortunately isn't.

Hi together,

the navdata-update is a real dilemma of course 😜 

Herve Sors updates are really good, but only update stock airports. This is not working out with standard addons like Vector  (which adds a lot of elevation corrected airports! - with old navdata of course)

fsAerodata follows a different approach, it deletes the airport navaids that are outdated and adds an updated version to the top scenery priority (with a provided fix it also works regarding the elevation issues after 4.5HF2). Still the problems with addons remain, because these navaids will not be disabled, so it may happen that there are several ILS-facilities for a specific airport.

Also the addition of these ILS-facilities in a separate scenery layer is done a bit unconventionally and therefore EFB is not compatible with it 🙁

The perfect tool would do it this way 😉:

1. Scan the scenery library and identify all available airports (only those with the highest priority of course / also considering addons)
  2. Identify the airports which need an update of their facilities (ILS, NDB, RWY ID, etc.)
  3. Change that specific airport and update it, changing the navdata inside the BGL itself.

But I would guess one would run into some copyright-problems doing that approach and that's the main problem with it...

Marc

Well, I value EFB2 more than fsaerodata so, after years of using both, I have reverted to Herve's approach.  P3D actually loads faster now that I've discontinued fsaerodata.  However, I agree with Marc that the fsaerodata was a bit more complete.  That said, since 95% of my flightsim time is spent in top-end airliner addons that use Navigraph, the adjustment won't be as bad as I had hoped.  I have Herve's 2006 cycle installed and EFB2 is happy now.

I've been simming since the late 1980s, so I have learned that this is the way things go sometimes.  I appreciate both developers, but I am forced to choose: I chose Aivlasoft.

Take care.