Odd error message

romoni

Hi Rolf,

I can see that the path to the Flight Simulator's flight plans folder is given as an UNC path (\\MASTER\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files).

This path is not correct because the path must be a local path like "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\....".

Hi Urs and thank You!

I have client program on the laptop and server on the desktop pc. Desktop pc is called MASTER. I didn't chage anything before or after .117 update but after  the update this problem start.

I will try to check those path later as I have time to do it and report back.

Rolf

Hi Urs and thank You!

I have client program on the laptop and server on the desktop pc. Desktop pc is called MASTER. I didn't chage anything before or after .117 update but after  the update this problem start.

I will try to check those path later as I have time to do it and report back.

Rolf

Ok - I checked my client path via Settings page  and they should be okei but still I get the same message as I save a flight plan. I don't understand now the problem - sorry.

Rolf,

the problem is that the path is given as a so called "UNC-path". This is a path which starts with two backslashes, followed by the name of the 'share' and it is used for network-shares. This is not allowed in EFB and - to be honest - I don't have an idea how this UNC path came to the settings unless it was manually added.

The path for the flight plans must be a local path, e.g. "C:\Users\Rolf\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files".

Hope this helps.

Thank You Urs!

I tryed a many variations to solve this problem but no lucky. Could You, please, to tell me that about where I put this path line ->  C:\Users\Rolf\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files

I have Client Program on the Laptop and Server on the Desktop PC. This problem not effected to saving flight plan to Company Route folder and I can use EFB,s without any other problems. The problems occured only as I make a new  flight plan or open Company Route plan. Client give me an information on the STATUS that check the SERVER with red letters.

Rolf

Rolf,

1) Quit the Server, if running. It is important to do the following steps while the EFB Server is NOT RUNNING

2) open the file "serverSettings.txt" in the EFB Server's data path, subfolder 'Settings', using any text editor like Notepad.exe or similar

3) scroll down to the section '[SimulatorFsxSe]'

4) locate the line starting with 'FlightplanFolder'

5) replace the current target path with the path you mentioned. Finally the line should read as follows:

FlightplanFolder = C:\Users\Rolf\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files

6) Save the file.

Thank You Urs!

I tryed a many variations to solve this problem but no lucky. Could You, please, to tell me that about where I put this path line ->  C:\Users\Rolf\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files

I have Client Program on the Laptop and Server on the Desktop PC. This problem not effected to saving flight plan to Company Route folder and I can use EFB,s without any other problems. The problems occured only as I make a new  flight plan or open Company Route plan. Client give me an information on the STATUS that check the SERVER with red letters.

Rolf

Hi again Urs!

Thank You very much for Yours help. Everything is ok now. ServerSettings -> FlaightPlanFolder -> replace the path was the solution.

Rolf

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

It's me again. I don't know about what is gone wrong but some reason this line ->\\MASTER\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files  come back although I am changed it many times to -> C:\Users\Rolf\Documents\Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition Files. And yes - I am saved file after every changes.

I have a problem to  keep flihght plan on line during flight. I lost arrival procedure for example...

Any suggestion to solve this problem?

Rolf