Running both P3DV4 and P3DV5 on the same computer

3 minutes ago, jfmitch1716 said:

I presently am running both V4 and V5 on the same computer.  I believe that I will only be allowed to use my EFB on one or the other because of the differences in Data Bases, is that correct?

Thank you 

James MItchell

Hi James,

No, if you have updated to new #117 build, you can build one database for each P3DV4 and P3DV5. More important is that you use FSUIPC6 for both simulators. So, when starting EFB2 Server, you select the database for the Sim you inted to use.

Well I updated for Version 4 this morning (Version2.1 build #116) and ran it.  It has now been loading data bases for 5 minutes and hasn't gotten by airports 0%.  Retried  ands server reports "Waiting for Server (local) …" Looks like I have to download build #117.

29 minutes ago, jfmitch1716 said:

Well I updated for Version 4 this morning (Version2.1 build #116) and ran it.  It has now been loading data bases for 5 minutes and hasn't gotten by airports 0%.  Retried  ands server reports "Waiting for Server (local) …" Looks like I have to download build #117.

Hold it ! You have updated to which build #?? 116? This is not the most recent build. The most recent is #117 ! Update to #116 was long a go. Why did you not update before?

With build #116 you cannot, I repeat cannot read data from P3DV5. For this you need build #117 and FSUIPC6 !

@jfmitch1716

The Auto-Update looks once a day at startup of each, Client and Server, whether a new version is available. If one is 'canceling' this update offer, the next 'offer' will be only the next day.

Try to quit both Client and Server and then start them again. If you didn't cancel the update today already you should be prompted for the update to build #117.

Thanks for the files. The hash codes will only be set after successful creation of the database.

1) The error (illegal path characters) seems to origin from the scenery.cfg. Could you please upload the file C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\scenery.cfg

2) In the file 'C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg' the packages 0 and 1 refer to '%ProgramData%\...'. I'm not sure whether this can be resolved by P3D. I suggest to replace them by the full path 'C:\ProgramData'.

3) Missing logfiles path:  Please check whether it might be possible on this computer that the AntiVirus program removed this path. Maybe you should create an exclusion for the EFB data folders?

James,

8 minutes ago, jfmitch1716 said:

Here is the add-ons.cfg.

I don't see any attachment like the mentioned "add-ons.cfg".

9 minutes ago, jfmitch1716 said:

Simaddons assures me "

It has nothing to do with Simaddons.
For a test delete all inside the file add-ons.cfg and run the EFB stuff new. "

I don't understand this. Who/What is Simaddons and what role is it playing concerning this issue ???

On the screenshot you can see that both paths are highlighted in yellow. This means that these folders are not available on the computer.

You will note that two Simaddons packages are number 0 and 1 as you mentioned above and suggested they be moved to C:\ProgramData

It seems that we have some misunderstanding. I didn't suggest to MOVE the packages, I suggested to replace the entries in the add-ons.cfg from '%ProgramData%' to 'C:\ProgramData'. This is because in the EFB logfile a warning has been added for these lines. EFB does not automatically resolve %ProgramData% to the full path C:\ProgramData.

1 hour ago, jfmitch1716 said:

Both the scenery.cfg folder and P3D5 are on my computer

If the textbox' back color on the dialog is yellow, then EFB cannot locate the path entered in this textbox.

It might have the same cause as the error in the logfile which reads 'Illegal characters in path'. I double checked all the local paths in the scenery.cfg which you provided, but there is no illegal character.  So I assume that something with the installation path of P3Dv5 is the reason, but I don't see it in all the files ... Very confusing.

OK I changed  the add-on cfg as you stated.  I cleared EFB from my computer and ran the Server installed OK..  Client installed OK   Everything is working well.  Vielen dank fuer all ihre hilfe bei diesem problem. I was with NATO and lived in Baden Soellingen from 1972 to 1976.  Loved Germany.