EFB Server permanent update Build # 116

fcydml

Hello,
Since update build #116 Aivlasoft EFB2, I have a big problem : after launching my P3DV4, when I want to launch a new simulation session and I restart EFB Server, I receive a message telling me that there is an update and I see that the installed version is 2.1 (buil # 115).
I uninstalled EFB2 several times completely and reinstalled the latest version (build # 116) but nothing changes I get this message every time and every time I close and restart EFB Server, I have this problem. Help me please. Thank you. To read to you,
Jean-Luc.

Ouvrir dans Google Traduction

Comme

2020-04-12 08-42-19-43.jpg

Hello Jean-Luc

6 hours ago, fcydml said:

I uninstalled EFB2 several times completely

Did you run the EFB uninstaller from the Windows "Apps and features", or from the "Windows Control Panel", for both the Client and the Server?

They should remove all the files so you even have to enter the license key after a new install.

Did you download both installers for build #116 from the AivlaSoft website?

Je désinstallé du panneau de configuration / programmes et fonctionnalités, les deux entités: Serveur et Client. J’ai fait un coup CCleaner pour la sécurité, y compris le registre. J’ai réinstallé de la version chargée #116 sur le site. J’ai encore eu ce problème ce matin. Actuellement, je vole après avoir relancé P3D sans fermer EFB pour éviter le problème. Mais je ne vais pas être en mesure de laisser mon PC travailler indéfiniment donc je n’ai pas à réinstaller EFB!

Hi Jean-Luc,

I see that you are working with an unsupported OS (WIN7). Please do the follwing to make sure that everything is uninstalled properly:

- Uninstall both Server and Client

- after uninstalling check the follwing paths for being DELETED:

- C:\ProgramFiles\AivlaSoft\EFB2

- C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2

if those paths are still available, the uninstaller might not have removed everything properly. Delete both EFB2 paths and reinstall EFB2 with the newest installers.

21 minutes ago, fcydml said:

Mon EFB est installé sur un disque différent de celui du système, cela peut-il affecter l’installation ? Cet emplacement était valide avant la dernière mise à jour - 116

Hi Jean-Luc,

Normally not, but nevertheless before reinstalling make sure that NO REMAINDERS AT ALL are on any disk. I must admit that I'm not familiar with the reliability uof uninstallers within WIN7. We recommend installation in default paths. Server & Client are only around 98 MB.

Hello friends,
I thought I was done with this case, no! This morning, wanting to start a new flight session, I launched the EFB server, and I saw a message arrive on my desktop telling me that I was under version # 115 and that I had to update to version # 116!
I went irons in the "Logfiles" directory that the file "serverLogfile.txt had the version number # 115, there were several other older" serverLogfile.txt "files that carried the good version # 116, I therefore replaced the last file by an older one with the reference to the correct version.
I then started the server again which told me that the database was not built. I launched the data builder and the server finally started.
I therefore do not come to launch the server correctly without going through this procedure.
The last log file of the server systematically indicates version # 115 how to force it to induce the correct version and keep the database in good condition?
Thank you for your wise advice.
To read to you.
Jean-Luc

2 hours ago, fcydml said:

Hello friends,
I thought I was done with this case, no! This morning, wanting to start a new flight session, I launched the EFB server, and I saw a message arrive on my desktop telling me that I was under version # 115 and that I had to update to version # 116!
I went irons in the "Logfiles" directory that the file "serverLogfile.txt had the version number # 115, there were several other older" serverLogfile.txt "files that carried the good version # 116, I therefore replaced the last file by an older one with the reference to the correct version.
I then started the server again which told me that the database was not built. I launched the data builder and the server finally started.
I therefore do not come to launch the server correctly without going through this procedure.
The last log file of the server systematically indicates version # 115 how to force it to induce the correct version and keep the database in good condition?
Thank you for your wise advice.
To read to you.
Jean-Luc

Hello Jean-Luc,

What you describe here is technically not possible. A new default install with the newest #116 builds CANNOT prduce anything with respect to the #115 build

UNLESS

Do you use any automatic file backup/restore utility??? If yes, you need to deactivate it for EFB2 !!

8 minutes ago, fcydml said:

No, I do not have this kind of tool on my PC, I will wait for the arrival of P3DV5 to take the opportunity to update my PC and order on it ...

Well, then I'm out of explanation posibilities. A LogFile with a previous build number in a fresh install is simply not possible - never! Sorry to say that but there must be any kind of Gremlin on your machine that replaces such a file with a previous build.

after final check, I just discovered that I te clicks on one who had pointed in my EFB2 privilege does not address the case is ... previous life now! ;)

it seems to work properly again. thanks again