Frequencies for APP/DEP

mroschk

Hello,

if i have a look at the Navigraph or LIDO Charts for any Airport i have the infos about Frequencies like i marked

in the attached Picture.

These are important to know for sure.

Is it possible to display these anyhow in EFB ?

Would be very nice

Matthias

freq.JPG

Hello,

yes for sure.

But there are not the freq. i ask for displayed. Yes, i can enter these freq there, but i ask for freq. infos, which are displayed  on the charts like in the picture.

or did i miss something?

Matthias

Ahh, i think the Problem is that i am flying sometimes at IVAO.

Si in the System settings i have activated IVAO as online Network.

If this is set, the Frequencies from the chart are no longer displayed in the Radio Panel..

I did a picture with and without IVAO selected.

Maybe these Freqs from the charts can be displayed too, even if IVAO/VATSIM is selected ?

Matthias

freq.JPG

freq_without_IVAO.JPG

12 hours ago, mroschk said:

Maybe these Freqs from the charts can be displayed too, even if IVAO/VATSIM is selected ?

I don't think that this is a good idea. Mixing these frequencies will end up in total mess.

If you fly with IVAO you see the IVAO frequencies. If you fly offline then you see the offline frequencies. That's the idea behind the implementation.

Why do you want to see an offline frequency when you fly with IVAO, or vice versa? This makes no sense to me at all, sorry.

Hello,

you are partially right.

First it is a bit anoying every time before the flight to go in the setup and change the Network ( Offline/IVAO/VATSIM).

Maybe it is possible to have a switch or selector in the Radio Window to Change the Network in this Window. It would be more

comfortable.

Second, if i fly online, but no controller from the online Network is online at the Airport, i want to set the correct Freq. because 

if the controller comes online i am automatically on the right Freq.

But a Switch would be enough and very fine.

Btw, also in the lower side of the real APP Chart are some Informations which i miss a bit in EFB.

I dont know what is possible and which infos are available for you, but maybe you can add here some more of the important infos

which can be found in the real chart. (see attached pic  from ILS EGLC 09 )

Would be very nice if possible.

Thanks a lot

Matthias

app.JPG

8 hours ago, mroschk said:

Btw, also in the lower side of the real APP Chart are some Informations which i miss a bit in EFB.

I dont know what is possible and which infos are available for you, but maybe you can add here some more of the important infos

which can be found in the real chart. (see attached pic  from ILS EGLC 09 )

For the figures in the table please check under Settings/Miscellaneous. We use a different design here. Other information is not provided by the AIRNC file.

misc.png.9702efce7f34722786b262b2e1cf4e7d.png

9 hours ago, mroschk said:

First it is a bit anoying every time before the flight to go in the setup and change the Network ( Offline/IVAO/VATSIM).

Maybe it is possible to have a switch or selector in the Radio Window to Change the Network in this Window. It would be more

comfortable.

Second, if i fly online, but no controller from the online Network is online at the Airport, i want to set the correct Freq. because 

if the controller comes online i am automatically on the right Freq.

But a Switch would be enough and very fine.

It's only fair you need to tell the system what setup you want to use. This offers you control to have parts of the application adapted specifically to the use case.

The Network selection does not only have an effect on the frequency list, so it's not appropriate to display a switch there which has also effects to other parts of the application.

The frequencies used during offline mode are according the data in your flight simulator, so they might be different from what you actually see on printed charts. EFB is, as with other data as well, only presenting you what your simulator provides.

When you fly online, the frequencies used by the network will in many cases again differ from your printed charts and the offline data from your simulator. Just one very specific issue here is 8.33 kHz frequencies, which is (to my knowledge) not implemented in flight simulators nor online networks. So you will have most probably differences between your printed charts and the other sources. Additionally, the networks might very well use other frequencies than in reality, especially for ACC sectors. Mixing offline with online frequencies might even lead to a wrong assumption regarding the frequency you can contact an online ATC station.

Due to all this reasons, offline and network data needs and will stay separated. Changing the setup once before you start a flight is a user interaction which is absolutely justified.