Missing ILS Frequencies at Sochi URSS

romair

Good morning EFB support.

If I want to select Sochi USSR O2 or O6 RWY arrival on the EFB ARR button I am missing the ILS frequencies for URSS.

There are only RNAV app available.

On the URSS addon and on the stock airport the correct ILS are implementend according to the approach charts.

On your own AFCAD layouts (https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3005-afcad/) Sochi URSS is not yet available.

May I ask you to provide such a corrected AFCAD to be implemented to your privat AFCAD folder ?

I attached here the newest URSS layout for your reference.

Thanks in advance fore help.

Roger

URSS_ADEX_ADE.BGL

Good morning Oski

Have many thanks for fast reply.

I have installed Hervé Sors' Navaid already for long time.

I checked the stock airport where the 2 ILS were missing.

I implemented both according to the addon layout and a real URSS approach chart and compiled them using ADE176.

For trial I also made a copy of the modified URSS stock layout and renamed it to URSS.bgl and moved it into your private layout folder.

After those actions I always applied a  new database rebuild.

Still the ILS of URSS are not visible on EFB client.

Just for your reference all neigbour airports such as URKK and URKA having ILS can be selected on EFB client.

Further I have to inform that I several weeks ago tried to work with fsaerodata but soon after I recognized that fsaerodata can not be used with your EFB I revert back to

Hervé Sors' Navaid software.

I attached here a screenshot with the implemented URSS ILS and a copy of the airportFiles_P3D4.txt.

I appreciate your response

with regards Roger

Stock Layout URSS.jpg

airportFiles_P3D4.txt

Roman,

It is impossible to find out what is going on in your simultor's database. All I can say is that the APX58160.bgl updated by the last SORS Navadata updates contains 2 ILS'es:

- RWY 02 110.50 IAD

- RWY 06 111.10 ISO

and they show up exactly the way I have posed above.

The date of the APX58160.bgl is 27.02.2020

Sorry, but I'm out of ideas because I see that everything is ok on my side with the default ILS'es.

Hello Oski

The same for me. Out of any further ideas.

I also made a re-install of the whole EFB.

I also re-installed P3D v4 scenery and SORS again.

I checked again the stock and the addon URSS and both ILS and their frequencies are perfect implemented.

Anyway this is not a big issue because they have RNAV approches ( same as in the EFB ) and the ILS are working within the aircrafts.

Thanks for support and have a nice weekend.

regards Roger

47 minutes ago, romair said:

I checked again the stock and the addon URSS and both ILS and their frequencies are perfect implemented.

Anyway this is not a big issue because they have RNAV approches ( same as in the EFB ) and the ILS are working within the aircrafts.

Does that mean that you still don't see the ILS'es indicated as in my post above? This makes no sense at all. Have you ever checked, which BGL is used in the database? (EFB Info Page of URSS). The BGL indicated there is responsible for the ground layout. As long as there are all ILS'es correctly included in this BGL, there is no reason why the apporaches should not show up in EFB. They do in mine anyway as you can see in the above screenshot.

I even made a test with the BGL you supplied above by opening an AddOn Aiport with that BGL. No surprise that all ILS'es show up correctly.

URSS_TEST.thumb.png.6299e34c99202bbfce6054b7e20cac66.png

HSochi-APP.thumb.jpg.22f4fa4959dd29e4639bc94dde47a8eb.jpgSochi-APP.thumb.jpg.22f4fa4959dd29e4639bc94dde47a8eb.jpgello Oski

Thanks for your reply. On my side there is still the same problem existing. I really don't see the ILS with their frequencies. What I see  on the APP select button are the VOR which are not existing within the AFCAD.

The URSS layout ( URSS_ADEX_ADE.BGL ) is absolutely correct. I checked it several times and I also downloaded and installed this addon ones again without any changes.

I also installed the complet EFB software again.

As you can see on my screenshot I have the same layout bgl's loaded to be confirmed within the overwiev window. 

Its really a complicated issue.

Don't spend to much time. It takes to much work.

Thanks again Roger

Roger,

We see an anomaly with the entry on line 2) in the airport information. In the example from your install it reads "Full" at the end whereas it shound read "Base". We therefore must assume that the regular "APX58160.bgl" was manipulated by your earlies FSAerodata experiments. I take it that you did not use SORS' regional updates for the ILS, such as the Russian Region for this BGL(see  below).

SORS_RUS.png.bbdfa01d49f11602650ce90224be2c6e.png

Using this regional update could possible restore the "APX58160.bgl" to a useful state. It would be helpful if you could post the "APX58160.bgl" from your present installation to allow us a few tests,

1 hour ago, lonewulf47 said:

Roger,

We see an anomaly with the entry on line 2) in the airport information. In the example from your install it reads "Full" at the end whereas it shound read "Base". We therefore must assume that the regular "APX58160.bgl" was manipulated by your earlies FSAerodata experiments. I take it that you did not use SORS' regional updates for the ILS, such as the Russian Region for this BGL(see  below).

SORS_RUS.png.bbdfa01d49f11602650ce90224be2c6e.png

Using this regional update could possible restore the "APX58160.bgl" to a useful state. It would be helpful if you could post the "APX58160.bgl" from your present installation to allow us a few tests,

Hello Oski

Thanks for reply.

After observing problems with fsaerodata I revert back to Aerosors and I deleted manipulated files visible in the 702 folder. (They were inactive)

I also can confirm that I installed all files again from Aerosors incl. Russia.

I have several older copies of APX58160.bgl on a older PC system and I have older copies of stored standard scenery folders.

I will try copies from there.

I will replay next Wednesday.

Have a good Sunday

Roger

Hello Oski

I like to reply about my Sochi problem.

I took the APX58160.bgl from a copied P3D from a older installation and replaced this layout on my working P3D. (newer PC )

So for still a negative result with missing the ILS frequencies.

I also installed a fresh downloaded Sochi scenery into my older PC which was not in use for 3 month.

I opened EFB client and there I have also no ILS available.

regardes Roger

5 hours ago, romair said:

Hello Oski

I like to reply about my Sochi problem.

I took the APX58160.bgl from a copied P3D from a older installation and replaced this layout on my working P3D. (newer PC )

So for still a negative result with missing the ILS frequencies.

I also installed a fresh downloaded Sochi scenery into my older PC which was not in use for 3 month.

I opened EFB client and there I have also no ILS available.

regardes Roger

Hi Roger,

That sounds a bit strange. I did the following: I used the original APX58160.bgl, which has no ILS,es at all. Then I made a dummy airport URSS Sochi in the Addon Scenery Directory, put your URSS_ADEX_ADE.BGL into the dummy scenery folder. Then I added the URSS Sochi to my scenery.cfg and reran the DbBuilder. Thereafter I see the following:

URSS_ILS.thumb.png.ef8c0c95691445f857cca31d9b3c8182.png

All ILSes are available and correct. So I have no clue what is going on on your system. With the original APX58160.bgl and your URSS_ADEX_ADE.BGL you should be able to see all ILSes at URSS Sochi.

Good morning Oski

Thanks for additional investigations.

I just followed exactly your instructions but still no success.

1. I tested again the URSS stock layout with ADE and so far there are no ILS same as you mentioned.

2. I tested again the URSS addon layout URSS_ADEX_ADE.BGL with ADE and as known there are both ILS having the green arrows and the correct frequencies.

3. I removed the URSS layout URSS_ADEX_ADE.BGL from my Sochi scenery folder and made an extra folder called URSS Sochi/scenery/containing the

URSS_ADEX_ADE.BGL and of course I added it to the scenery.cfg and I rebuilt the EFB Db. After openeing the EFB client still no ILS  VOR app only.

I observed the client overview and the URSS_ADEX_ADE.BGL is existing. On the overview windows I selected Nearby navaids and there we have the ILS description.

In addition I also installed an other Sochi addon (54530-URSS-Sochi-FSX-Reload-V1.1.zip) taken from the same Russian server. This an earlier version

without having GSX and spotlights. I also tested this URSS_ADEX_ADE.BGL with ADE and both ILS  are included. The same problem here, no ILS VOR only.

For me its not comprehensible. Other sourrounding airports such as URKA, URKK have their ILS when select with EFB.

I made a screenshot confirming my above statments but I could not attach this screenshot. Probably blocked by missing space on my account.

I have sent to already to your support mail adress.

Have a nice wekend Roger

Hi Roger,

We finally found the cause of this misbehaviour. All normal Approach Procedures at URSS are temporarily suspended and replaced by so-callled TEMPO Procedures. While Jeppesen/Navigraph just withdraw the apporaches (but funny enough only for the ILS 02 & 06), LIDO/NavDataPro keeps publishing all normal procedures. The procedures are suspended as from Feb 13, 2020.  So as a conclusion using Navigraph data you will not be able to see the ILS apporaches in EFB until the normal procedures are reinstalled. Only NavDataPor shows all correct procedures. Nevertheless you can of course still tune the respective ILS, as the frequencies are  listed on the information page.

The changes are based on Russian NOTAM A0533 and are estimated to last until Apr 29, 2020. But according to my experience these estimates are not reliable.

Hello Oski

Thanks a lot for the investigation. Its really a funny story.  I remember on the beginning of this topic I informed that the ILS and their frequencies works perfect

when tuning ILS approaches to URSS.

Anyway and anyhow I received a very good support and it satisfay my questionaries regarding EFB planning for URSS ILS approches.

I found a comment within the Navigraph forum:

Hi Sergey,
Yes the ILS's at URSS are not included in our source because the Missed Approach is prior to the runway threshold and is not included in our data feed due to ARINC 424 coding rules. Please see here.
Cheers Ian

Thanks again and regards Roger