Sign in to follow this  
Paco Garcia

Cannot run client after installing a new SSD

Hi All

Recently I've cloned my old HDD to a new SSD. After that everything goes well bat the EFB v2 client that shows me the tab on the jpg attached. I have reinstalled with no succes. I would apretiate any help about this matter, where to start looking, becouse my skills in informatics are so few.

Thanks in advance

Paco Garcia

efb.thumb.jpg.2e74f3f39034a923fcaf4018ae2963a8.jpg

Hi Paco,

Does the Simulator work normally? Did you completely uninstall EFB with the standard windows uninstallers before reinstalling? Did you run the DbBuilder first before any attempt to start the client?

Hi Oskar,

The sim runs ok. I uninstalled RFB from the Windows panel control. I didn't run BdBuilder, and I must say that I run EFB in a remote PC via LAN.

Thnx for your response

Paco

Hi Paco,

ok, just for my understanding: you cloned the drive on your Flight Simulator computer and therefore also reinstalled EFB2 Server on that drive. The Client however is running on a remote computer via WLAN.So you didn't reinstall the Client.

This leads to the question: what Server Installer did you use? It seems that Server and Client are not of the same build. The simplest way to resolve this situation is:

- download both Server and Client from our website: https://www.aivlasoft.com/download.html to make sure both Server  and Client are of the same build #

- Uninstall the Server on your Flight Simulator computer

- Uninstall the Client crom your remote computer

- reinstall both components and proceed according to EFB's guidance after the new install by starting to build a new database und activate the remote Client on the remote computer

Thereafter everything should be back to normal operation.

Hi Oskar,

Sorry for the delay (been a Little bussy at home).

No, it's just the opposite. I was running the client via WLAN in the computer that I've cloned. after reading your answer I have downloaded and reinstalled everything with no success.

I don't know what to do now. I'm gonna search in the fórum about LANed installs to see if can find something to try. I apretiate so much your help.

Best regards

Paco

Hi Paco,

sorry for jumping in, but according to the error message you have posted, it looks like an operating system error. Somehow cloning the HDD was not really successful. I would recommend to reinstall the entire operating system on a clean formatted SSD.