Difference info EFB2/FSX

dehart

Regularly I see differences between the Aivlasoft arrival procedures and the arrival procedures as mentioned in the FMC of PMDG NGX.

E.g. flying to LIPV (Bologna) acc. to Aivlasoft Arr. there is no ILS available, but in the PMDG 373-800 there is an ILS present.

There are more situations like this. It is very confusing.

What is the reason for this discrepancy?

2 hours ago, dehart said:

Regularly I see differences between the Aivlasoft arrival procedures and the arrival procedures as mentioned in the FMC of PMDG NGX.

E.g. flying to LIPV (Bologna) acc. to Aivlasoft Arr. there is no ILS available, but in the PMDG 373-800 there is an ILS present.

There are more situations like this. It is very confusing.

What is the reason for this discrepancy?

Hi ??? (please observe the Forum Rules and sign your post with your real name)

You certainly mean LIPE (LIPV being Lido, Venetia, a pure VFR field...) According to my installation with the default airport LIPE all Instrument Apporaches are present. If you are using an Add-On airport, you migh need to check whether there has been a recent change in ILS Frequency and/or IDENT.

LIPE.png.b572b7f665ac14754f9ff89cc1a09e1e.png

In this specific case I'm sure you won't hear the correct identifier when selecting the audio on either iLS, because most probably the ID has changed in the meantime. For default Navaids it might be adviseable to use Hervé Sors'  magnificent free website: https://aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html to update all navaids worldwide and all ILS'es within Europe. There were many changes over time. The thing is that FS-based simulators like FSX or P3D have their own navdata within the worldwide main scenery BGLs. While these Navaids are not relevant for EFB2's procedure depiciton, the are relevant for tuning in the simulator and for comparison towards the AIRAC cycle in use. If a change has occurred in the meantime, you will maybe still be able to tune the navaid if the frequency has not changed, but you may not hear the proper ID. For EFB2 however it is mandatory that the airport BGL contains the actual Navaid as in the AIRAC.This is something we can't avoid with this system. X-Plane is much more straightforward in that respect. There is ony ONE database for the simulator, which can be updated to the current AIRAC cycle.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...