Remote client no connection

Petermuc3

Hi, I installed the EFB server on a new PC Win10, the EFB client is still on  Win7. The client does not

connect to the server. Both PCs are connected via a LAN cable and sitting in same WiFi network, ping test works both sides.

I have not reinstalled the client. I tried putting in the name of the Server-PC as well as the ip-address.

Thanks for the help.

Peter

clientLogfile-5.txt

Hi Peter,

From what you describe (Server is new installation, Client is not new installation) I guess that the Client still has the old port number 51748 whereas the Server is using the new one 57892.

Please open the Server settings, tab "System" and see the port-number. Then open the Client settings file (usually "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\Settings\clientSettings.txt"). Search for the [Network] section and you can see there the port number used by the Client. Set this number to the same number as on the Servers side, then save the settings file and start the Client.