EFB V2 Topcat Performance

pe_martin

44 minutes ago, pe_martin said:

Hello guys!

At the side performance at TOW what does mean the button "GET" or "MAX"?

Best regards

peter

Edit: Moved to proper thread by Admin

Get -> Get the actual take-off weight for performance calculation

max-> use MTOW for performance calculation

Normally the actual weight is used and shown. Nevertheless it is still possible to switch between ACTUAL and MAX. That's why both "Get" and "Max" Buttons must be available.

• 2 months later...

Hello Oscar

it is correct that I need TopCat for the Performance calculation on EFB?

I have it, but cannot calculate for the 747-8F, because TopCat have this not in his profile, and I cannot create one.

Unfortunatly TopCat don`t make any updates since long long time.

Happy Easter

13 minutes ago, Queenofsky747 said:

Hello Oscar

it is correct that I need TopCat for the Performance calculation on EFB?

I have it, but cannot calculate for the 747-8F, because TopCat have this not in his profile, and I cannot create one.

Unfortunatly TopCat don`t make any updates since long long time.

Happy Easter

Hi Stephan,

Yes, this is correct. Unfortunately the developers of TopCat are not very helpful in providing profiles for newer aircraft. That's one if the main disadvantages of TopCat.

• 10 months later...

You don't have to click on the report tab, after calculation has been done the report tab will be opened automatically.

Are you trying to calculate the TAKEOFF or the LANDING data? When do you try to calculate it, when the aircraft is on ground or airborne?

Please also check whether the installed program version of TOPCAT is at least version 2.6.1.

So what I do is I make sure the departure airport is selected and at the top, I open the PROC, and click the performance tab, the aircraft is already selected and everything is correct.  I click the Calculate button, I get the calculating please wait popup window and then after it goes away.  NOTHING.   I am loaded up at the departure runway and I have topcat v 2.74.   

@Jaap

Hi Jaap,

I could reproduce it here, it seems that it has to do with the specific weather situation. I have to check this.

@fishgoblue

Hi Scott,

thanks for the screenshot. The problem is that QNH is set to zero. Try to use the other option "Get from the current weather source" and then press the 'Refresh' button. Check whether the weather data seems to be good and then press 'Calculate'.