cyyc - runway missing

Hi,

I run EFB V2 and the other day I was at Calgary airport (CYYC) and the ATC instructed me to depart from runway 35R. Surprisingly, this runway is not on the Aivlasoft plate, all the other rnwys are there.  This runway exist since many years. Is there a reason why it's not showing up on the screen? Is it possible this situation occurs on other airports?

Is it possible to update the program in order to be able to see the rnwy 17L/35R? 

Regards,

Jacques

1 hour ago, jacques lauzon said:

Hi,

I run EFB V2 and the other day I was at Calgary airport (CYYC) and the ATC instructed me to depart from runway 35R. Surprisingly, this runway is not on the Aivlasoft plate, all the other rnwys are there.  This runway exist since many years. Is there a reason why it's not showing up on the screen? Is it possible this situation occurs on other airports?

Is it possible to update the program in order to be able to see the rnwy 17L/35R? 

Regards,

Jacques

Hi Jacques,

It seems that you are not completely familiar with the way EFB2 works. Airports are depicted according to the data available from AF (AFCAD) BGLs in your Simulator. It your airport, be it default or AddOn does not incorporate the required RWY, EFB cannot use it. The default variant of CYYC does not incorporate the requested RWY 17L/35R. See the attached screenshot. A remedy would be if someonce could create a AF BGL that incoprorates the missing RWY or if any AddOn with all RWYs avaiable would be installed.. As soon as EFB2 recognizes the RWY in question, all procedures are available also for this RWY, provided of course that this AF BGL also contains - in this case - both ILSs for RWY 35R and 17L. BTW, were you able to find RWY 17L/35R in your Simulator Installation??

CYYC.thumb.png.f616cc9f579ee6e1bfe383943558b550.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/19/2020 at 1:16 PM, jacques lauzon said:

No, I can't  find it. Thank's for the info. Now I understand. P3D should have installed it by default in V4.  

Best regards,

Jacques

HI Jacques, if your using the default P3D scenery of CYYC, perhaps downloading  and installing this freeware version of CYYC scenery from AVSIM Library will fix your problem. Here is the link:

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=197529&CatID=p3dscen

You will have to register if your not already a member of AVSIM. Its free.

Regards,

Mario Richard