No ILS available No ILS available - Still

HondaJet

I have EFB v2, build 114, and am still having issues with many airports showing no ILS approaches even though the aircraft being flown has ILS approaches.  Two specific airports are KMCO & LIEE that I recently visited.  I have Navigraph data updated monthly and my current expiration is in January 2020.  Both my aircraft today (QW B787) and the EFB have been updated to the current airac.

I saw the notice that this was supposed to be fixed with build 114 but I can confirm it is not.

Any suggestions?    Thanks,
Jerry

Hi Jerry,

All the mentioned ILS'es are availble on my install. The problem is usually not the AIRAC Database, but the local BGL, where the ILS'es are defined. This is unfortunately one of the biggest problem areas on all MS-based simulators. While e.g. on X-Plane ONE single database is updated and compared, in MS-based simulators there are still "multiple databases" used. Each add-on BGL has its own definition of ILS data, which in turn is not always the most current. The main parameter we changed for build #114 is that ILS'es are now identified by their identifier, rather than by their frequency. So I would bet that on the airports you mentioned in your post, the ILS identifiers are not as required by the newest AIRAC. See attached screenshots fo these two airports KMCO and LIEE.

KMCO_ILS.png.9b6e757a0b2db00f1034855a45656cb6.png    LIEE.png.03390b7686434d8f696528d07b2628a5.png

Unfortunately most Add-On developers regard their products as kinda "fire-and-forget" items, not really caring for updated BGLs for the community. In all MS-based simulators however updated BGLs with correct ILS information are of utmost importance. I should nevertheless also add that the above samples are taken from the P3D default database, which seems to be correct. I have no idea why your (Add-Ons?) airports do not show the same ILS'es. This might need more investigations. Your basic complaint about the non-availability of ILS'es however is not correct.

• 3 weeks later...

Having the same problem. After removing all FSAerodata from my pc,(removed all mentioning of FSArodata from registry) I'm still not getting ILS data on loads of Airports where I used to get ILS-es.

This program used to work perfectly in the past but now getting very annoying.

I will install a previous version 2.058 and see if that will work.

If not I'll go looking for something else.

Leo de Haan

Scotland

49 minutes ago, dutchkip said:

After removing all FSAerodata from my pc,(removed all mentioning of FSArodata from registry) I'm still not getting ILS data on loads of Airports where I used to get ILS-es.

Did you re-run the DbBuilder after removal of all FsAerodata Files?

49 minutes ago, dutchkip said:

I will install a previous version 2.058 and see if that will work.

What are you referring to with "Version 2.058"? Please bear in mind that only the most recent version of EFB2 (build #114) is supported.

22 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Leo,

why so angry? It's not EFB that creates the mess ... Did you check that there are really no more unwanted files on the hard disk which could have an impact? I'm pretty sure EFB will work as expected on a properly cleaned system.

Hi there,

I'm not angry, just getting very frustrated.

Which unwanted files would you like me to look for?

I removed everything FSAerodata.

Is there anything else that impacts on EFB?

And yes I did run the DbBuilder as always after changing Scenery.

Regards

Leo

39 minutes ago, dutchkip said:

Which unwanted files would you like me to look for?

Hi Leo,

Just look for the name of the BGL of the airport not showing the ILS correctly (Airport Information). It may well be that this file contains outdated information. As a first step you may have a look (if not already known) into this excellent freeware source, which updates at least most of the stock navdata: https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

European ILS'es are updated in the World Navaid Package. For the rest of the world individual ILS update packages are available.

1 hour ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Leo,

Just look for the name of the BGL of the airport not showing the ILS correctly (Airport Information). It may well be that this file contains outdated information. As a first step you may have a look (if not already known) into this excellent freeware source, which updates at least most of the stock navdata: https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

European ILS'es are updated in the World Navaid Package. For the rest of the world individual ILS update packages are available.

Will give that a go, thanks.

In the mean time I'll just have to click on airport info in EFB where it will give me the details I need. ie ILS freq, heading, elev etc.

WOW, just running the navaid installer you mentioned and it give me quite a list of conflicts.

Looking at it it's 99% ORBX files on there.

Will start re-installing them.

Thanks

Leo