LIPZ and ILS question

RayProudfoot

I have the RFSB version of LIPZ with just the one runway operational - 04R/22L. If I position my aircraft on 04R and tune NAV1 to 110.30 the ILS becomes active. All well and good.

But having rebuilt the database and opened the Client without a flight plan loaded I select the airport and then press PROC, switching to Arrival. 04R/22L is correctly shown but no ILS option is shown for 04R. Only VOR/DME 04R and RNAV/RNP 04R.

Why no ILS entry?

LIPZ_04R.jpg

3 hours ago, RayProudfoot said:

I have the RFSB version of LIPZ with just the one runway operational - 04R/22L. If I position my aircraft on 04R and tune NAV1 to 110.30 the ILS becomes active. All well and good.

But having rebuilt the database and opened the Client without a flight plan loaded I select the airport and then press PROC, switching to Arrival. 04R/22L is correctly shown but no ILS option is shown for 04R. Only VOR/DME 04R and RNAV/RNP 04R.

Why no ILS entry?

Hi Ray,

Actually you gave the answer right in the first line😀 You tune 110.30 and the ILS becomes active. Thing is that this frequency is not valid anymore. The new frequency for RWY 04R is 109.95 Ident VTS. This is one of the crucial things in all FS-based simulators. You can only TUNE the frequency which is stored in the respective BGL (default or Add-On). EFB - because it is based on actual ARINC data - can only show and use the actual, current frequency. There is in fact no other workaround for this to alter the frequency and the ident in the Add-Ons BGL. Would you work with X-Plane this would not be an issue as X-Plane has only ONE database, which is used for ALL default and Add-On scenery.

BTW, RFSB did not a really good job when they updated the BGLs with their fix. They changed the frequency but NOT the ident. Furthermore the ILS LOC and the DME are misplaced. Find below the corrected files.

For 1 RWY configuration: Just disable the original LIPZ_ADEP4_ADE.bgl by setting it to OFF and replace it with the one below.

LIPZ_ADEP4_ow_1RW.bgl

For 2 RWY configuration: Just disable the original LIPZ_ADEP4_ADE.bgl by setting it to OFF and replace it with the one below.

LIPZ_ADEP4_ow_2RW.bgl

46 minutes ago, RayProudfoot said:

I have one query about the single runway BGL. Fault Finder in ADE shows 22L to have a closed Start. That will affect Ai surely? Will they be able to depart should there be a southerly wind?

Hi Ray,

I must admit that I have no idea how the simulator handles AI traffic. I did not change anything within those assignments. For the two RWY BGL RWY 04R/22L has take-off and landings to either side. My AI traffic is always set to off as I do not want any A/C moving around beyond my control...😀

Hi Oskar,

I've just started my world tour but after landing in Iceland I'll setup a test scenario with southerly winds and see what happens.

It must be a very lonely world without Ai but at least you don't have to delete aircraft with hundreds of virtual passengers disolved just so you can get a take-off clearance at Heathrow! 😁

4 hours ago, RayProudfoot said:

.... least you don't have to delete aircraft with hundreds of virtual passengers disolved just so you can get a take-off clearance at Heathrow! 😁

Well Ray,

that's exactly what I'm doing: Flight Simulation, not Air Traffic Simulation. I do not see any reason to cope with so-called "Artificial Intelligence" (an insult to every intelligent being) just to be disturbed at the worst moment in the worst way😀! I have coped with REAL Air Traffic during my whole flying career. Believe me, there's absolutely no motivation to see random BS crossing my way all the time...😂