FLPN No Cruise Altitude

flieger28

First of all, i like the program. It does some thinks that LNM didn't handle so well. 

For 3 days i use the Trial version in an network setup. EFB on my Laptop and server on the X-Plane 11 Maschine. 

After some while and some reading, nearly everything is working fine. Except for one thing and up until now i was not able to figure out to resolve it. 

Every Flightplan i create, no mater if i copy and paste it, or do it on the internet (Simbrief / Routefinder) has the wrong cruise altitude. In the G1000 ( in my case Quest Kodiak 100) there is no cruise Alltitude given for the waypoints If i import the Flightplan into ASXP the Cruise Altitude is in fact the Elevation of the starting Airport. 

Guess there is something wrong or i missed something. 

Nevertheless, Greetings from ETMN

Eike  

Hi Eike,

when creating a flight plan the cruise altitude always is a suggestion which comes from the currently loaded aircraft profile. You can change this suggested cruise altitude either in step 2 of the creation process, or later at every time using the button 'Adj CRZ ALT' on the flight progress dialog (aka flight log). For details please see the manual '6 EN Flightplan.pdf', pages 7 ff.

The suggested values from the profile can be edited using the Profile Editor.

Okay maybe i have written "unclear". The creation of the Flightplan in EFB2 works perfect. But when i load the EFB_current_gps.fms into the G1000 in X-Plane, all the enroute waypoints are without Altitude. Or is that the way it is supposed to be?

In different programs i did not see that kind of behavior. The Approach or Departure in the FLP of course have their respective altitudes. 

Okay i guess you are right.

This is what i found in X-Plane org

Your misunderstanding is that the G1000 does not take a cruise altitude entry. It only takes E/D end-of-descend entries. It figures out the start of descend not based on an entry of cruise altitude, but simply from the altitude you are flying. 

Yes, that's why EFB2 offers its own descent path calculation, based on two freely selectable descent angles (> and < 10000 ft). This way we are completely independent of any other descent calculations. Of course if an A/C with a sophisticated FMGC (such as FF A320 or ToLiss A319 and similar) a descent path calculation by EFB2 if not necessary. We therefore offer the possibility to turn off all descent path caculations within the A/C profile.