Simulator configuration file has been changed...

ggerolamo

I've been using EFB2 (and before that EFB1) for quite some time now and am extremely happy about this purchase!
A little thing has been bothering me for some time now:

Every time I open EFB via SimstarterNG I get the following (error) message:

image.png.32535fd30b5cbfc36cc3649c3048dc0f.png

Since I activate or deactivate certain sceneries with each start, it is quite logical that the configuration changes ;-)
Is there any way to disable this hint window ?
To click on the button 'NO' manually at every start is quite annoying...

I would like to start the DbBuilder on my own only if I think it is necessary !

Thanks in advance 

ggerolamo

Hi...

This is not an error message but just an information that the scenery.cfg file has changed. We are aware that various configurations are causing changes within this file, but for EFB this is the only means to detect any such changes i.e. when adding or deleting an Addon airport or similar. Thus it cannot be disabled. We do however think that the "annoying" effort to click "NO" after starting up EFB is within reasonable limits :wink:

• 3 years later...

old topic - but even 4 years later I experience the same currently and have to agree wirth Gerolamo.... this messaging is really annoying.

Especially as this window repeatatively keeps popping up. Maybe I misunderstand it...so what is meant with rebuliding the db?

I tried with just selecting the db (I only have one) and updating the navdata and after that selected the db again. It still keeps popping up.

Is this, because I have installed multiple new airports? Does it pop up per new entry in the scenery.cfg???

Thanks,

Michael

On 10/5/2023 at 8:29 PM, michael1508 said:

Is this, because I have installed multiple new airports? Does it pop up per new entry in the scenery.cfg???

I guess that this is the reason for the message. But from my point of view this is not "annoying", it is meant as a service to let you know whenever the simulator's database has been altered whereas EFB database was not updated to reflect these changes. Rebuilding the database means to run the function "Update simulator" from the DatabaseBuilders dialog. For further information on proper database handling please see the respective manual.

Hi Urs,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I now got it working. Maybe it would be helpful to make this clearer on the message text, like"...Do you want to rescan the scenery.cfg? Go to Update Simulator"

PS: the scan reported 2 warnings. Where can I find these? The log file is huge...

Thanks,

Michael

The easiest way is to use the search function of the text editor which you use to read the file. Usually this is the shortcut CTRL+F (F for find).

Warnings will not prevent the DbBuilder from creating the database, where Errors will do. Warnings are not critical but if possible, it would be good for the stability of the entire system to fix them too.