Optional missing airport

Captain45

I made a flight with the QW B789 KSEA to KDCA and loaded the SImbrief flightplan in AivlaSoft EFB. Checking the destination airport I saw that the runways are coded in red (too small for the B789). But with low cargo and pax and autobrake at 4 there is more than sufficient RWY to land on. (Checked during approach when filling in the landing data. Didn't even need autobrake max.) So I took the challenge and made the flight with a succesful greaser on RWY 01 and enough RWY left after the full stop on the RWY.

So far, so good. But checking the EFB Client there was no airport displayed. A blank page with only blue AI. This was probably because the length of the longest RWY is shorter than what the B789 needs at MLW. But my aircraft was far below MLW.

I think AivlaSoft EFB takes it a bit too serious in terms of this subject. After all there could have been an emergency situation that makes KDCA the only option when KIAD is not available.

Cheers,

Dirk

Hi Dirk

Well, it's not AivlaSoft's EFB taking it a bit too serious😀, it's all defined in the respective aircraft profile and thus purely user defined. The valus used in the default profiles are just giving  guiding rules. You can adjust the values to the desired range any time. That's the basic idea behind the profiles.