trafficAssignment.txt

Jeff Hall

I have been trying to set up the labels for on-line Aircraft.

The manual details changing the values in trafficAssignment.txt using the column numbers used in the Traffic Monitor.

When I set the Line 2 to include {10} which is shown as the Altitude, what I actually get is the difference between the Aircraft I am flying and the Aircraft I am monitoring.

The Altitude/FL is shown in column 10 of the Traffic Monitor with no indication the level difference.

Have I missed something

Jeff Hall

Hi Jeff,

the field "Altitude" in the Traffic Monitor always indicates the TRUE altitude (without correction according to the current calibration). This might lead to a significant deviation from the value which is indicated on your Altimeter in the cockpit. Because there is no data available about the current Altimeter calibration of each of the AI/online aircraft, we decided to better indicate just the difference between the aircraft than display a value which does not correlate with what you are reading from your instruments. BTW, also any TCAS system does only indicate the ALT difference.

• 2 weeks later...