Last waypoint in flight plan always missing

bobsk8

I use Simbrief downloader to install simbrief flight plans into active sky, Flight 1 GTN 650, and EFB. A problem that occurs almost every time, is that the EFB flight plan is always missing the last waypoint. For instance, I just downloaded PAKT to CYZP.  The waypoints are ICK -BOKMA -MAVUT-      When I select the flighptlan in EFB,  MAVUT is not there. I always just use Insert to insert that waypoint, which is not difficult, but I am wondering why this always happens with the last waypoint before the destination airport. I have included the EFBR file for this route, if that helps. 

PAKTCYZP01.efbr

Hi Bob,

A problem that occurs almost every time, is that the EFB flight plan is always missing the last waypoint.

Do you mean that the last waypoint is missing in the output file from SimBrief, or is it missing after loading in EFB? Does ActiveSky and Flight1 GTN 650 always have all waypoints?

Can you also provide the original output file from SimBrief? Thanks.

7 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Bob,

Do you mean that the last waypoint is missing in the output file from SimBrief, or is it missing after loading in EFB? Does ActiveSky and Flight1 GTN 650 always have all waypoints?

Can you also provide the original output file from SimBrief? Thanks.

I just did a flight plan now from KBLI to KOLM. All waypoints show up in AS 16. They are also in the enclosed EFBR file.  They always show up in the Flight 1 GTN 650 and PF3 ( my ATC program) . 

Now here is what I just copied from the Flight plan page in EFB   KBLI DCT KIENO DCT CVV DCT ARPEE DCT KOLM      As you can see, the last waypoint is missing again as usual, CEBOD  .  To correct this I have to select KOLM,  select Insert, type in CEBOD, press select, and now I see this in EFB Flight Plan Page.  KBLI DCT KIENO DCT CVV DCT ARPEE DCT CEBOD DCT KOLM. 

KBLIKOLM01.efbr

On 11/24/2019 at 11:49 AM, aivlasoft said:

Hi Bob,

thanks for the flight plan. I can see the problem:  it's the old EFB v1 format. Try select EFB v2 data format.

Thanks, glad you found it. I had the wrong one selected, think I did that a few months ago when I switched to windows 10. That fixed my problem. 

Hi Bob,

I created a flight plan at SimBrief, from KENV to KSLC. Please have a look at the picture below and let me know whether this is the exact same route as you created. I selected #2 from the 'Suggested Routes'. If this is not the way you create your route, please let me know how you create it. Thanks.

SimBrief.png

3 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Bob,

I created a flight plan at SimBrief, from KENV to KSLC. Please have a look at the picture below and let me know whether this is the exact same route as you created. I selected #2 from the 'Suggested Routes'. If this is not the way you create your route, please let me know how you create it. Thanks.

SimBrief.png

I looked at the waypoints that were in the map of Route 1  BVL  BVL2 prior to loading it with the simbrief downloader

These waypoints shown in the map on Simbrief when hitting analyze route #1  are BVL   KNOLE  WAATS    So I just added WAATS as a waypoint after BVL. MY ATC program works better if the waypoints are not too far apart, and not too far from arrival airport,  as long as they are valid waypoints. 

AS16  registers these waypoints correctly , as well as PF3 and Flight 1 GTN 650.  Only EFB fails to record the last waypoint, 

Enclose below is the original FP I made again this morning and it looks like WAATS is missing in the Routing there. But it is listed as Waypoint 3.... Shouldn't the Routeing say  BVL KNOLE WAATS  ? 

I also checked the Flight 1 GTN flightplan from simbrief, which I have included KENV-KSLC.GFP     and you can see all the waypoint including WAATS are there. 

I also checked the P3D flightplan from simbrief, and all the waypoints are there too. 

KENVKSLC01.efbr

KENV-KSLC.gfp

Hi Bob,

the suggested route 'BVL BVL2' consists of a waypoint and a STAR. BVL2 is a STAR which starts at BVL, then goes to KNOLE and finally leads to WAATS. Because an EFB route does not allow to include procedures, it is correct when SimBrief creates a route 'KENV BVL KSLC'. The waypoints KNOLE and WAATS belong to the STAR and the STAR must be added in the EFB Client via the PROC dialog. After selection of a procedure press 'Set FPL'. This will add the waypoints of the currently selected procedure(s) into the routing.

29 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Bob,

the suggested route 'BVL BVL2' consists of a waypoint and a STAR. BVL2 is a STAR which starts at BVL, then goes to KNOLE and finally leads to WAATS. Because an EFB route does not allow to include procedures, it is correct when SimBrief creates a route 'KENV BVL KSLC'. The waypoints KNOLE and WAATS belong to the STAR and the STAR must be added in the EFB Client via the PROC dialog. After selection of a procedure press 'Set FPL'. This will add the waypoints of the currently selected procedure(s) into the routing.

A ha.  Now I understand what is happening. Thanks for your time and explanation. Still learning.....