Navigraph - huge FMS Data price rise. Alternatives?

RayProudfoot

I have subscribed to Navigraph’s FMS Data for many years. The annual cost for a monthly update is around 30 Euros.

Today I have received an email advising the FMS Data subscription is being phased out and users will be switched to Navigraph Ultimate. This service includes FMS data but also their Charts which EFB users generally don’t need. The price is tripling to around 90 Euros per annum.

What are my alternatives if, as seems probable, I do not continue my subscription? Aerosoft’s NavDataPro? 

1 hour ago, lonewulf47 said:

Well, that's what I'm using all the time, because - as you mentioned - I do not need any charts other than EFB2's.

I've just checked what NavDataPro supports and everything I have is okay apart from Hi-Fi Active Sky and Concorde Performance System(x).

I'll post on Navigraph pointing people to NavDataPro which is available for 31 Euros. That's a massive saving.

Hi Ray,

Well, it might even be a good idea to wake Aerosoft up to provide a few more datasets to the community, like the one you mentioned for ActiveSky. Apart from that Aeosoft's NavDataPro is still lacking support for SimBrief, something we were telling them more than a year ago. IMHO this one is the most important. It would be nice if our community could ask Aerosoft for a bit more activity in that respect. Of course it needs some programming effort by Aerosoft's people, but of course it is possible to provide the same service as for Navigraph subscribers.

5 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Ray,

Well, it might even be a good idea to wake Aerosoft up to provide a few more datasets to the community, like the one you mentioned for ActiveSky. Apart from that Aeosoft's NavDataPro is still lacking support for SimBrief, something we were telling them more than a year ago. IMHO this one is the most important. It would be nice if our community could ask Aerosoft for a bit more activity in that respect. Of course it needs some programming effort by Aerosoft's people, but of course it is possible to provide the same service as for Navigraph subscribers.

Hi Oskar,  I see others have joined the discussion so it's probably best each person asks for the data they require. No doubt Aerosoft might see this as an opportunity to increase the price but it's still a massive saving.