EFB & VATSIM

clive6354

Hello

When using EFB at KORD my ground map is showing VATSIM and symbols showing aircraft on the ground  are red and not moving (

Does EFB connect to VATSIM automatically or do I have to connect to VATSIM using my ID

Clive Alexander

If I have to connect to VATSIM myself what are the red aircraft symbols?

4 hours ago, clive6354 said:

Hello

When using EFB at KORD my ground map is showing VATSIM and symbols showing aircraft on the ground  are red and not moving (

Does EFB connect to VATSIM automatically or do I have to connect to VATSIM using my ID

Clive Alexander

If I have to connect to VATSIM myself what are the red aircraft symbols?

Hi Clive,

It's all answered in the manual "5 Client, Chapter 13.2"

• 2 weeks later...

I run P3DV4 and EFB v2 under Windows 10. My Navgraph Cycle is 1903.

My question is concerning the discrepancy between the Vatsim ground chart for EDDF and the equivalent EFB ground chart. The taxiways and gates have an entirely different nomenclature and runway 22R is missing in EFB. Is there a way to match the two. It looks to me as though the EFB ground chart is out of date.

John McWilliam

Hi John,

EFB always shows what you have installed in your simulator. The charts are based on the airport scenery files of your simulator. If they are outdated then the charts are also. I don't know on which data the charts of VATSIM are based, but if they are up-to-date then you have to install up-to-date scenery files to match the charts.

Thankyou for your reply. I realise then that the problem is not with Aivlasoft. Are the airport scenery files to be found in my installation of Orbx Global ( base + LC Europe + Vector) or in P3DV4 itself? Where do I find up to date versions of these because I am pretty sure VATSIM is using the latest info.

John

Hi John,

on the Client user interface you will find a button with the 'i' (for information) on top left. This opens the airport information dialog on which you can see the hierarchical structure of the different airport files in use for the currently active airport. The airport file with the highest number is usually the airport from the stock scenery and has the lowest priority. The airport with the number 1 (highest priority) usually is the significant airport.

EDDF_0001.pdf

I enclose the airport info and EFB's rendering. The pdf contains the VATSIM rendering which is what I want. Where do I find the necessary update and where should it be installed. Sorry if my knowledge of these matters is elementary but I would be grateful if you could guide me through the process. I have found on the webb several free and payware scenery renditions of EDDF (if that is what is required) but there must be one that you recommend for my configuration.

John

EDDF1.PNG

EDDF2.PNG

Hi John,

Please read this: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3887-efb-v2-is-not-compatible-with-fsaerodata

Nevertheless this is not the reason for your reduced ground layout.  This layout is generated by the DEFAULT BGL of P3D. To have a more detailed layout - especially also regading the present state of the ariport with four Runways - you will need to install a more recent Add-On.