Taxiways in EDDH

fms737

Hello, everybody,
I bought Aivlasoft EFB 2; a very nice program. Today I landed with the Aerosoft Airbus A 321 in Hamburg (EDDH). In my opinion the taxiways are outdated. Can that be ? If yes, how can I change it ? Furthermore on the map top right under the designation "Status" in yellow Airac cycle is indicated. I have installed the latest Airag from Navigraph (19/10) in the EFB, why is it always displayed ? My system: Win 7 64 bit, P§Dv4.
Best regards
Claus

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

On 10/18/2019 at 3:00 PM, fms737 said:

Hello, everybody,
I bought Aivlasoft EFB 2; a very nice program. Today I landed with the Aerosoft Airbus A 321 in Hamburg (EDDH). In my opinion the taxiways are outdated. Can that be ? If yes, how can I change it ? Furthermore on the map top right under the designation "Status" in yellow Airac cycle is indicated. I have installed the latest Airag from Navigraph (19/10) in the EFB, why is it always displayed ? My system: Win 7 64 bit, P§Dv4.
Best regards
Claus

Hi Claus,

The depiction of the ground map is dependent on the scenery used. It is one of the primary features of EFB2 that always the actually installed scenery is used to draw the Airport Ground Layout. This way you see on the Ground Map what you have actually installed and visible on your simulator. A more accurate Ground Layout can only be drawn if a more accurate AddOn is installed.

The actually current AIRAC Cycle is 1911, that's why the yellow status "AIRAC" is displayed. It has changed on Thursday a week ago. October, 10th.

• 1 month later...

Hello, Oskar,
still have problems with Hamburg (EDDH).
Installed under P3Dv4 is the Aerosoft scenery "Hamburg Proffessinal for P3Dv4". On my monitor I see a taxiway marked with "Z1". On the EFB Ground picture I can't find a taxiway marked Z1. You can see e.g. AE, BW, G, T etc. I do not understand that. Can you please explain to me what exactly this could be ?..
Many thanks already once in advance.
LG
Claus

Hi Claus,

It's only a matter of zoom level. As these taxiway segments are so small and each is carrying a designator "Z1", if zooming out the designators are removed due to missing space. If you zoom in however they will be back. At normal taxi speed (see screenshot) most of the segments are named. There's nothing we ca do about, as this is purely depending on the designer's method to draw and name the taxiways.

EDDH_Z1.png.31376294e5539c8ade0092e767a81d86.png

12 hours ago, fms737 said:

Hello, Oskar,
Thank you so much for your support. Once attached the same image from EDDH. Despite high zoom level I can't do Z1 etc. with me. Recognize markings. What am I doing wrong ?
LG
Claus

Hi Claus,

Sorry, I was absent almost the whole day. Obviously EFB does not use the BGL from Aerosoft's EDDH. Can you please check in the Information Window of EDDH which BGL is listed under item 1)? (see attached example of my LSZH installation)

INFO_W.png.3ba99840bbeeaf01af01f55e68f9bad2.png

33 minutes ago, fms737 said:

Hi, Oskar,
here an information picture of EDDH.
Claus

Hi Claus,

Now I'm completely puzzled ! I have exactly the same name for the governing BGL, however when I look at your screenshot of the ground layout, I see a completely different picture with old taxiway naming BE, BW, AW which do not exist anymore as of today and also different parking stands layout. At this moment I have no clue what causes this...I take it that you use the latest installer dated 20.11.2018 with a size of 211'503 kB? I just downloaded this again today to make sure I use the latest available files. It still gives me the result from my screenshot.

2 hours ago, fms737 said:

Okay, Oskar,
I will uninstall EDDH once and reinstall it. Maybe that's where the error is. I will report to you next week.
LG
Claus

Claus, that will not change a thing, I'm afraid. I'm just onto something that I can't explain for the moment. Can you please run the DbBuilder for P3DV4 and then immediately after this run make a set of Support Files and post it here or send it to support@aivlasoft.com?

Hi, Oskar,
uninstalled and reinstalled EDDH. I think that the ground now looks like you can see on your picture. Unfortunately the simulator does not connect to EFB 2 (see picture, Connecting is shown in yellow). Accordingly there is no airplane symbol on the parking position. (A5). I also uninstalled EFB 2 and reinstalled it. Maybe I made a mistake.
Claus

eddh 3.PNG

1 hour ago, fms737 said:

Hi, Oskar,
uninstalled and reinstalled EDDH. I think that the ground now looks like you can see on your picture. Unfortunately the simulator does not connect to EFB 2 (see picture, Connecting is shown in yellow). Accordingly there is no airplane symbol on the parking position. (A5). I also uninstalled EFB 2 and reinstalled it. Maybe I made a mistake.
Claus

Hi Claus,

Yes, the ground layout is now correct. As for EFB2: Why did you uninstall it? Was there a specific reason? If you uninstalled, did you uninstall both Server and Client?

Hi, Oskar,
I had uninstalled and reinstalled EFB2 because I thought I made a mistake with the first installation and that EDDH did not work. Now I reinstalled the server and client. After starting the simulator EFB does not connect to the simulator, the aircraft profile is still not visible and I cannot create new aircraft profiles. Normally EFB would have to install the loaded aircraft automatically. I have no idea what could be the reason.
LG
Claus

Hi Claus,

Form what I see the Server connects normally to the Sim and the Client. Could you please check the following on the Client's side:

goto the profile's folder: "C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\Profiles" and check whether there are profiles inside. If they are missing for any (unknown to-date) reason, download the attached file and unzip it into the mentioned Profile's folder. After that the profiles should be ok again.

EFB2_Profile.zip

3 hours ago, fms737 said:

Hi, Oskar,
the profiles are probably available (see picture).
Claus

Yes, that's ok then. To be honest, I don't have any idea what happens on your machine. According to the Server's and the Client's Logfiles the Server is connected to the Simulator and the Client is connected to the Server. What gives you the impression that the Client is not connected to the Server? What Aircraft do you use? Maybe an Aircraft that has no profile?

Edit: Do you have the correct version of FSUIPC (5.11 or higher) installed?

30 minutes ago, fms737 said:

Hi, Oskar,
FSUIPC was the cause. Had FSUIPC already installed once; due to all the changes I must have uninstalled it. Now everything works as it should. I would like to thank you again for your help and effort. Super !!!!
LG
Claus

Hi Claus,

Sounds great! Thanks for reporting. Enjoy EFB2!