Jump to content
Swiso

Error updating the database of X-Plane

Recommended Posts

Good evening,

today I updated the Navigraph NAVDATA and the tried to update the EFB2 Database.

I tried two times but each time it resolved with the same error.

Any idea why ?

How I can solve this problem ?

Thanks

Aris

1.JPG

dbBuilderLogfile.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Swiso said:

Good evening,

today I updated the Navigraph NAVDATA and the tried to update the EFB2 Database.

I tried two times but each time it resolved with the same error.

Any idea why ?

How I can solve this problem ?

Thanks

Aris

dbBuilderLogfile.txt 46.17 kB · 0 downloads

Hi Aris,

 

This looks indeed a bit strange. I have checked these IDs against my NavDataPro database and I can't replicate it here. All 5 IDs are for TACAN stations, co-located with its corresponding DME. In the X-Plane the Navdatabase the Row Code for VOR and TACAN is identical. Thus it seems to me that there are THREE entries for each of these IDs: One for the VOR, ONE for the TACAN and ONE for the DME. This way the entry for VOR and TACAN would be doubled.

 

Can you please check the following:

Open the file "earth_nav.dat" (located in "\X-Plane 11\Custom Data" with a common text editor and search for the first ID: NLC

You should only find TWO lines with that ID, looking like this:

 

 3  36.344116667 -119.966333333    227 11330 130      14.000 NLC  ENRT K2 LEMOORE TACAN
12  36.344116667 -119.966333333    227 11330 130       0.000 NLC  ENRT K2 LEMOORE TACAN DME

 

I presume however that you will find a THIRD line for a VOR with the same data as in the line with the Row Code (first number) 3.

It is our understanding that no identical lines (Row Code, Frequency, ID) should exist. This would point to a database error. We will have to check this too. So far we never had any reports of this occurrence and also never seen it on the NavDataPro database.

 

In addition to this I have done a worldwide search for VORs with the mentioned IDs. None of these IDs are VORs (except for SKA, but this is SKELLEFTEA  in Sweden...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Oskar,

thank you for the help and sorry for my late reply..

I have checked the entries of that file and indeed I have three lines of the NLC ID.

Two times the NAVY LEEMORE TACAN and one time the NAVY LEEMORE TACAN DME.

Here they are :

 

1.JPG

2.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Swiso said:

Hi Oskar,

thank you for the help and sorry for my late reply..

I have checked the entries of that file and indeed I have three lines of the NLC ID.

Two times the NAVY LEEMORE TACAN and one time the NAVY LEEMORE TACAN DME.

Here they are :

 

1.JPG

2.JPG

Thank you Aris,

 

That's exactly what I was afraid of. This is an error in the Jeppesen/Navigraph database. To be honest, the easiest way to get rid of these errors would be to delete one of the entries with the line code "3" of each of these double entries. Which of the two you delete is not important. I'm sure that will be the same for all five TACAN Stations affected. After deleting just re-run the database builder and everything will be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Oskar !!

That was it !

Deleted the wrong lines and successfully updated the database.

So, it was an error in the NaviGraph database... have you any suggestion at this regard ? Should I email this problem to Navigraph ?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Aris

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swiso said:

So, it was an error in the NaviGraph database... have you any suggestion at this regard ? Should I email this problem to Navigraph ?
 

Hi Aris,

 

Why not? maybe they could relay it to Jeppesen for further correction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Aris, I have exactly same problem. It happened after Navigraph update1911 rev.1. Plus my EB2 Client, won't see anymore Simulator X-Plane.Because I have also added some Plug ins like, xPilot. Obviously I have deleted but I guess whole Data files is changed. And still no go for me. Hope you could resolve your problem.

dbBuilderLogfile.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Husnu,

Check the "earth_nav.dat" file, at really end of it... the double-lines that I deleted were all there.... not "near" the same name lines in the file...

To explain it: check the pictures on my post above... I deleted the "lines" at the bottom (37300 and below) and NOT the ones at 21701...

One more thing you can check is that the LAST value, at the bottom of that file is "99"...don't know if it help or not.

Like this:

3.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Husnu said:

Hi Aris, I have exactly same problem. It happened after Navigraph update1911 rev.1. Plus my EB2 Client, won't see anymore Simulator X-Plane.Because I have also added some Plug ins like, xPilot. Obviously I have deleted but I guess whole Data files is changed. And still no go for me. Hope you could resolve your problem.

dbBuilderLogfile.txt 7.14 kB · 3 downloads

Whenever you start tinkering around in your "earth_nav.dat" file, make sure that you DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING ELSE THAN I DESCRIBED TO Aris. The last line in the File MUST BE the number "99". This is an X-Plane standard end-of-file.

 

I must however also repeat what I wrote in your other thread. Your problem of missing data is completely different to what is described here. You are missing airports thus your Custom Scenery Path is somehow messed up. This has to be cleared up before editing the faulty "earth_nav.dat" file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Aris and Oscar, what I did, erased scenery_packs.ini, and reinstalled X-Plane 11.36 again. And reset it the Network UDP ports etc. All working fine now. When I did a new dbBuilder it gave me only two errors, (Oops: maybe I've deleted to much) which I'll put on the attach. But all is fine now. And I can live with these 2 errors, until next Navigraph update.

Thanks a lot again for your inputs on this. Cheers,

 

dbBuilderLogfile.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ERDAL said:

Hi Aris and Oscar, what I did, erased scenery_packs.ini, and reinstalled X-Plane 11.36 again. And reset it the Network UDP ports etc. All working fine now. When I did a new dbBuilder it gave me only two errors, (Oops: maybe I've deleted to much) which I'll put on the attach. But all is fine now. And I can live with these 2 errors, until next Navigraph update.

Thanks a lot again for your inputs on this. Cheers,

 

dbBuilderLogfile.txt 5.77 kB · 2 downloads

Hi Erdal,

Thanks for reporting. Let's hope that the next cycle has those errors removed. I'm happy enough to have an error-free dataset from NDP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...