METAR / TAF Not Showing

Jason

Hiya,

I've noticed that when I select Weather Tab, the above two tabs aren't highlighted for me to see? In the settings I've got weather set as Activesky? Is this the reason? 

Or do I need to make changes somewhere else?

Thanks

Jason

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Hiya,

I've noticed that when I select Weather Tab, the above two tabs aren't highlighted for me to see? In the settings I've got weather set as Activesky? Is this the reason? 

Or do I need to make changes somewhere else?

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,

I take it that you are referring to these tabs:

METEO.png.35828d27131d6baf4bc1d04d2ff701a7.png

They will indeed show the current weather of the selected airport, if there is a met report available. Here is an example for KLAX Los Angeles. To properly show the wether engine's values, the path of the weather engine must be specified in the server settings (see manual 3 Server, chapter 4.1) and - of course - the weather engine must be running.

Hi Oskar,

Thanks for your reply.  

When I'm running Active Sky on my pc which is networked and the setting is correct in the Setting Box. The only thing that does puzzle me is when I start the EFB Server is what's shown in that picture.

I do start the EFB Server and then EFB Client first before starting Active sky? Am I best doing it the other way round? Or could it be something to do with my settings?

Thanks

Jason 

-2019-oct-10-001.jpg

-2019-oct-10-002.jpg

Hi Jason,

It's a bit difficult to read your screenshots. However what I'm seeing is that EFB Server is unable  to read the ActiveSky Weather File "current_wx_snapshot.txt". Why this is the case is not possible to determine as I do not clearly see the way ActiveSky is installed. You might need to verify that ActiveSky can be accessed without restrictions.

The starting order of EFB2/ActiveSky is of no issue. As long as EFB2 has full access to the mentioned weather file, it can be started any time.