Profiles and Upgrades

JerryJet

Build 112. Starting Server and Client notify me of an update. Updater runs from here, not as a separate download.

Could you please change the upgrade installer so it doesn't trash the Profiles folder and any user made profiles. I know it's going to do this and I make a backup of that folder, but, still, it's getting annoying.

4 hours ago, JerryJet said:

Build 112. Starting Server and Client notify me of an update. Updater runs from here, not as a separate download.

Could you please change the upgrade installer so it doesn't trash the Profiles folder and any user made profiles. I know it's going to do this and I make a backup of that folder, but, still, it's getting annoying.

Jerry,

No need to be annoyed. You don't need to backup your profiles and minima folders. This is done automatically. You might have missed the fact that after each install/update a copy of the folders \profiles and \minima with the extension *.bak is made.

backup.png.96667eaed083574fca3bd5b21465296b.png

Just copy the contents of the *.bak folder into your original folder and everything is as before. For the profiles folder you may also delete the new "profiles" folder and rename the "profles.bak" folder to "profiles". No harm done.