Loud Buzz when starting Client

bobsk8

1 minute ago, bobsk8 said:

Since the last update, and I updated both, I get a really loud buzzer sound  when the Client starts and sever is already running. Is something wrong ? 

Hi Bob,

The "Buzz" is a warning. You should see the reason for it in the Status window and in the logfile. BTW, in the Sound Settings you can replace this sound by a more convenient one, if it is disturbing you too much.

4 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Bob,

The "Buzz" is a warning. You should see the reason for it in the Status window and in the logfile. BTW, in the Sound Settings you can replace this sound by a more convenient one, if it is disturbing you too much.

OK, thanks, will check the status.

5 hours ago, bobsk8 said:

What I see in the Status window when this occurs is "Server Log File " 

I looked ta the server log file, but couldn't figure out what I was looking for.  serverLogfile.txt

I have included the last file. 

Hi Bob,

The LogFile shows an error:

2019-09-10 20:06:33.149   Error   : Could not add TCP client 127.0.0.1 due to: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This is a mysterious error, that we have seen at very rare occasions. Normally EFB2 continues to work without any problems, so you can disregard it. I recommend to replace the Buzzer Sound to something more gentle like the Ding-Dong...😀

We will have te investigate what in particular causes this error on only a few machines. So far we haven't seen it in the combo Win10/Build #111, only with Win7/Build #111. TCP errors are very hard to trace, especially if they are kinda "self-sealing", i.e.the application continues to work normally. Sometimes it even disappears after rebooting.

4 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Bob,

The LogFile shows an error:

2019-09-10 20:06:33.149   Error   : Could not add TCP client 127.0.0.1 due to: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This is a mysterious error, that we have seen at very rare occasions. Normally EFB2 continues to work without any problems, so you can disregard it. I recommend to replace the Buzzer Sound to something more gentle like the Ding-Dong...😀

We will have te investigate what in particular causes this error on only a few machines. So far we haven't seen it in the combo Win10/Build #111, only with Win7/Build #111. TCP errors are very hard to trace, especially if they are kinda "self-sealing", i.e.the application continues to work normally. Sometimes it even disappears after rebooting.

I tried rebooting, still the same. Will see if I can change sound.  What is that sound called?  Thanks. 

51 minutes ago, bobsk8 said:

I tried rebooting, still the same. Will see if I can change sound.  What is that sound called?  Thanks. 

Hi Bob,

Nothing easier than that😀. Go to the Settings Page, Tab "Sounds", and mark the "Caution/Warning on Status Panel" line. The presently selected sound will most probably be "buzzer".

Browse to the sound selection and select a suitable sound. I personally use "doorbell" for warnings. Sounds a bit less frightening...😁

Whatever sound you have selected, you can play immediately to check.

What is more important for us to know is whether EFB2 continues to work normally (as it usually does) after this warning.

Sound.png.ef80e1347637d5f14500be50bfca0364.png

4 minutes ago, Andydigital said:

I've never had this problem before the last update, it only happened since build#111 came out the other day. I get the same TCP warning in the server log window view.

Same here, the last update is where this issue started for me. 

18 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Bob,

Nothing easier than that😀. Go to the Settings Page, Tab "Sounds", and mark the "Caution/Warning on Status Panel" line. The presently selected sound will most probably be "buzzer".

Browse to the sound selection and select a suitable sound. I personally use "doorbell" for warnings. Sounds a bit less frightening...😁

Whatever sound you have selected, you can play immediately to check.

What is more important for us to know is whether EFB2 continues to work normally (as it usually does) after this warning.

Sound.png.ef80e1347637d5f14500be50bfca0364.png

Found it, thanks. Doorbell is much nicer/ 😀

9 hours ago, Mario Richard said:

HI Guys, I too have the same exact problem since the last update. Took the sound off. The essror message in the server log file is still there but no sound. EFB2 seem to wrk ok.

Thanks!

P3D v3.4 on windows 7 64 bit;

EFB v2 on a remote computer;

ORBX Global and Vector;

Mario Richard

Yes the problem for me started on the first flight I did after the update. 

To ALL:

We are tracing this misbehaviour at present and we are positive that an update can be released soon. It is not dependent on the way of installation (remote or common), but only on certain specific installation configurations. Apart from this it must also be said that EFB2 is functioning normally despite this false Warning Trigger.

One more issue and I don't know if this is related or not. I am current;y flying into many airports in the Bahamas, due to a Tour in the VA I fly for. I see the weather perfectly  in AS 16 for all the airports, but when I go to the ARR or DEP menu in EFB it shows no weather at all. Just the procedure and Performance. Here is a list of the airports I have run into this already. 

MYMM

MYGF

MYAT

MYSM

MYEH

I am using AS16 and live weather. 

31 minutes ago, bobsk8 said:

One more issue and I don't know if this is related or not. I am current;y flying into many airports in the Bahamas, due to a Tour in the VA I fly for. I see the weather perfectly  in AS 16 for all the airports, but when I go to the ARR or DEP menu in EFB it shows no weather at all. Just the procedure and Performance. Here is a list of the airports I have run into this already. 

MYMM

MYGF

MYAT

MYSM

MYEH

I am using AS16 and live weather. 

Bob,

Please, open a new thread on this issue. We don't want to mix different items in one specific thread.

1 hour ago, lonewulf47 said:

Bob,

Please, open a new thread on this issue. We don't want to mix different items in one specific thread.

OK. After checking it seems that this issue just just the airports in the Bahamas area, and I have a feeling that it is due to hurricane damage to the weather stations there. Have no problem with airports outside of the Bahamas. 

5 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

To ALL:

We are tracing this misbehaviour at present and we are positive that an update can be released soon. It is not dependent on the way of installation (remote or common), but only on certain specific installation configurations. Apart from this it must also be said that EFB2 is functioning normally despite this false Warning Trigger.

HI Oscar, Thank you for looking this up for us. Its appreciated.

Best Regards,

Mario