EFB2 Server problem

romoni

Hello!
As I start first Active Sky Next and then EFB2 Server (Desktop PC) -> EFB2 Client (Laptop PC). After that I start FSX SE.

After that I check the EFB2 Client screen and I find that I can't see my aircraft on to position I selected as I started the simulator.

I must re-start the EFB2 Server and after that everything is OK. Very odd and I would like to know about what caused this?

Today I updated the latest version of the EFB2 but this happened an the earlier version, too.

Windows 10 1903
FSX SE

Rolf

24 minutes ago, romoni said:

Hello!
As I start first Active Sky Next and then EFB2 Server (Desktop PC) -> EFB2 Client (Laptop PC). After that I start FSX SE.

After that I check the EFB2 Client screen and I find that I can't see my aircraft on to position I selected as I started the simulator.

I must re-start the EFB2 Server and after that everything is OK. Very odd and I would like to know about what caused this?

Today I updated the latest version of the EFB2 but this happened an the earlier version, too.

Windows 10 1903
FSX SE

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

Form a distance it is not possible to determine the cause of this behaviour. Did you check the connection status of the Simulator on the status bar? What did it show? Did you wait a few seconds to allow the server to establish all connections? Did you check that no airport was manually selected at this time?

STATUS.png.acdb70d73a655a47b457c963517f25fa.png

It this problem reoccurs, we need the latest set of Support Files to check.

15 minutes ago, romoni said:

Problem solved I think.

I updated the EFB2 yestarday to version 2.1 (build #112) and tested it today and everything seems to be Ok now. Thank You for this update.

Rolf

I spoke too early. The same problem continue. Here is those files You asked

Client_201909161419.txt.zip 169.1 kB · 0 downloads Server_201909161421.txt.zip 224.54 kB · 0 downloads

Rolf,

Sorry, the only such error I can locate in your logfiles is from serverLogfile-5, which contains data produced with the old builds #111.

Ok - thanks! i'll check updates but I updated the latest version to #112 both client and server. Mayby I should be re- install the server. AVG (a virus program) is sometimes too exact...

I am going to Faro now but check this after I landing and report back tomorrow.

Rolf

Hello!

I made a fresh installation both Server and Client (un-installed both first) but same problem occured so I desided to change my start order - > 1. Active Sky next 2. FSX SE 3. EFB2 Server 4. EFB2 Client and this solved the problem. I have no idea about what cause this but before I haven't any problem although I started FSX SE last. Never mind - main thing is that EFB2 works. It's very, very good addon!

Rolf

41 minutes ago, romoni said:

Hello!

I made a fresh installation both Server and Client (un-installed both first) but same problem occured so I desided to change my start order - > 1. Active Sky next 2. FSX SE 3. EFB2 Server 4. EFB2 Client and this solved the problem. I have no idea about what cause this but before I haven't any problem although I started FSX SE last. Never mind - main thing is that EFB2 works. It's very, very good addon!

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

Thank you for the update. Most important thing is that it works for you now. It must be said that - unfortunately - with FSX:SE we sometimes encounter problems that are not present on other basic FSX Installations. the reason for that is completely unknown for us and it is very difficult to trace such problems, as I personally do not have Steam on my Computer and I do not have any plans to change this as Steam has quite a "life of its own", so to speak. Thanks again!