Missing runway KCLT

Redeye

17 hours ago, Redeye said:

Runway 18R/36L is missing from KCLT.  This is not an aftermarket version of this airport...standard P3D V4. it's present everywhere else but not in the EFB database.

Hi ???? (please sign your post with your real name, as required by our forum rules)

I'm unable to confirm your report. See attached screenshot. All RWYs at KCLT are present. This is also default P3DV4.

(removed invalid depiction of KCLT).

Edit: See my second answer

My apologies for not using my name.  A bit of clarification, I do have ORBX installed. I've tried reloading the EFB dataset several times to no avail, still missing 18R/36L.  Can you offer any suggestions as to what I might pursue to correct this problem?  Thanks in advance.

Michael Heidler

1 hour ago, Redeye said:

My apologies for not using my name.  A bit of clarification, I do have ORBX installed. I've tried reloading the EFB dataset several times to no avail, still missing 18R/36L.  Can you offer any suggestions as to what I might pursue to correct this problem?  Thanks in advance.

Michael Heidler

Hi Michael,

Sorry, my bad! 😀 I was a bit too quick with my answer. I didn't notice that I had the X-Plane database active when checking. I rechecked on P3DV4's database and indeed, there is no RWY 18R/36L for the default airport. See attached ADE screenshot from the default airport. There is in fact nothing we can do from our side as the default airport is just missing this RWY. There are actually 2 possibilities: either someone offers an expanded BGL using a suitable means (e.g. ADE - Airport Design Editor) or you use a payware airport. Personally I use FSDreamTeam's rendition of KCLT. ORBX does not have any rendition of this airport.

Don't forget: EFB2 can only draw airport layouts of installed airports - be it default or add-on. It always draws what what you see in your simulator!

KCLT.thumb.png.0de98e5f6a5aee8d38ad674b1a5028b4.png

44 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Michael,

Sorry, my bad! 😀 I was a bit too quick with my answer. I didn't notice that I had the X-Plane database active when checking. I rechecked on P3DV4's database and indeed, there is no RWY 18R/36L for the default airport. See attached ADE screenshot from the default airport. There is in fact nothing we can do from our side as the default airport is just missing this RWY. There are actually 2 possibilities: either someone offers an expanded BGL using a suitable means (e.g. ADE - Airport Design Editor) or you use a payware airport. Personally I use FSDreamTeam's rendition of KCLT. ORBX does not have any rendition of this airport.

Don't forget: EFB2 can only draw airport layouts of installed airports - be it default or add-on. It always draws what what you see in your simulator!

KCLT.thumb.png.0de98e5f6a5aee8d38ad674b1a5028b4.png

That's why I'm confused.  Although I'm not sure how to add a screenshot of my simulator, it in fact does show 18R/36L.  ???

Michael Heidler 

2 hours ago, Redeye said:

That's why I'm confused.  Although I'm not sure how to add a screenshot of my simulator, it in fact does show 18R/36L.  ???

Michael Heidler 

Hi Michael,

Well that's simple. The OLD layout consisted of TWO parallel RWYs 18L/36R and 18R/36L. That's what is shown in your simulator. The NEW (more actual) layout consists of THREE parallel RWYs 18L/36R, 18C/36C and 18R/36L During the Database Building Process EFB replaces the OLD RWY 18R/36L by the NEW RWY 18C/36C at this position. This way at least the actual procedures for these two RWYs 18L/36R and 18C/36C are available. However there are no procedures available in EFB2 for RWY 18R/36L as there is simply NO RWY at this position!

As we are strictly following ARINC designations we have to attach the procedures to the matching RWYs. We cannot attach a procedure (no matter whether SID or STAR/FINAL) to RWY 18R/36L of the OLD (outdated) simulator layout as there is simply no such RWY available at this position. it's now named 18C/36C and the proper procedures are attached accordingly.

This may sound a bit confusing but that's the only way to keep things in a reasonable way if an airport layout is enhanced by a third parallel RWY. Of course EFB2 cannot change the RWY designators in the airport layout of the simulator as these numbers are hard-coded in the respective APX26190.BGL

12 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Michael,

Well that's simple. The OLD layout consisted of TWO parallel RWYs 18L/36R and 18R/36L. That's what is shown in your simulator. The NEW (more actual) layout consists of THREE parallel RWYs 18L/36R, 18C/36C and 18R/36L During the Database Building Process EFB replaces the OLD RWY 18R/36L by the NEW RWY 18C/36C at this position. This way at least the actual procedures for these two RWYs 18L/36R and 18C/36C are available. However there are no procedures available in EFB2 for RWY 18R/36L as there is simply NO RWY at this position!

As we are strictly following ARINC designations we have to attach the procedures to the matching RWYs. We cannot attach a procedure (no matter whether SID or STAR/FINAL) to RWY 18R/36L of the OLD (outdated) simulator layout as there is simply no such RWY available at this position. it's now named 18C/36C and the proper procedures are attached accordingly.

This may sound a bit confusing but that's the only way to keep things in a reasonable way if an airport layout is enhanced by a third parallel RWY. Of course EFB2 cannot change the RWY designators in the airport layout of the simulator as these numbers are hard-coded in the respective APX26190.BGL

Oskar,

Thank you for the detailed explanation, and it does make perfect sense.  The only thing that's confusing to me is that my simulator DOES show all 3 parallel runways, but EFB only shows two of them, 18L/36R and 18C/36C.  I'm not trying to be difficult, believe me.  It just doesn't make sense. I guess I'll have to get the  aftermarket scenery that you spoke of.  Thanks for your prompt attention in this matter.

Michael Heidler

1 hour ago, Redeye said:

Oskar,

Thank you for the detailed explanation, and it does make perfect sense.  The only thing that's confusing to me is that my simulator DOES show all 3 parallel runways, but EFB only shows two of them, 18L/36R and 18C/36C.  I'm not trying to be difficult, believe me.  It just doesn't make sense. I guess I'll have to get the  aftermarket scenery that you spoke of.  Thanks for your prompt attention in this matter.

Michael Heidler

Hi Michael,

Now this indeed doesn't make sense as I don't see 3 parallel RWYs in my default installation. See screenshot. This is only with ORBX Global. I have no clue how this third RWY shows up on your simulator - unless you have a Photoreal Scenery of that part of the US. Then it would simply be "painted" on the ground  by the photomap. But other than that - I have no clue!

KCLT_1.thumb.png.7eb0f320f2eb6004379678029ace5316.png