V1 traffic vs. V2

bob34

I'm at a loss why vatsim traffic only shows up in v2 when you're ~ 35 miles while v1 I'm looking 80+ miles away.
Also - the data tag on v1 has the Flight#, the destination, altitude and aircraft type.
In v2 it's just the flight #  (in P3D, AC01 in XP) and altitude. 

The airplane symbol and data tags are so much cleaner on v1 as well. And I'm really missing the radio frequency bar across the top.

Any re-consideration to put that back vs the pop-up window that's always in the way? I know you said previously that online pilots are a minority but it's been over a year now and I still can't find an advantage to v2 over v1. It will be a sad day when v1 stops working with P3D unless some of the better features are incorporated into v2.

Screenshot_12.thumb.png.f5a4aa3cd69934bf9bf216113ed0e2fa.png

3 hours ago, bob34 said:

I'm at a loss why vatsim traffic only shows up in v2 when you're ~ 35 miles while v1 I'm looking 80+ miles away.
Also - the data tag on v1 has the Flight#, the destination, altitude and aircraft type.
In v2 it's just the flight #  (in P3D, AC01 in XP) and altitude. 

-As for the display distance it might be interesting to know whether you are using FSUIPC Freeware or Payware Version. In the Freeware Version the display radius is indeed limited to ~40NM, while this radius can be enhanced in the Payware version at your liking.

-Concerning items displayed on A/C labels you might have a look at the Manual 5 Client, Chapter 7.1.4 Miscellaneous. EFB2 allows A/C Labels to be configured individually.

9 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

As for the display distance it might be interesting to know whether you are using FSUIPC Freeware or Payware Version. In the Freeware Version the display radius is indeed limited to ~40NM, while this radius can be enhanced in the Payware version at your liking

I'm using registered FSUIPC. The two examples above were running at the same time.

9 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

-Concerning items displayed on A/C labels you might have a look at the Manual 5 Client, Chapter 7.1.4 Miscellaneous. EFB2 allows A/C Labels to be configured individually.

Good to know. Thank you.

I know I dragged everyone through this last year when v2 was released, but I still feel the same way.
EFB v1 is the single most useful tool for situational awareness and organization in busy VATSIM events. Having those frequencies laid out in order across the top was gold. Especially when a center or approach has multiple frequencies. Watching the traffic flow helps anticipate the commands that will be issued. Especially the traffic tags on v1 as they are smaller and more crisp. Very useful when the sector is loaded with traffic. 

I'm not sure what the distance fix is going to be... but thanks for the info on the data tags. 
Hopefully v2 will get some of the v1 features back.

22 minutes ago, bob34 said:

I'm using registered FSUIPC. The two examples above were running at the same time.

You need to set the distance in the FSUIPC Miscellaneous Settings. EFB v1 uses SimConnect.

FSUIPC_AI.png.ef1b315afaa09eec140dac6507b1e7d3.png