Missing approach at ENVA for ILS 27

Ralph

Hi there!

I know, that some people already posted problems about missing approaches here, but anyhow I can't solve my problem. I am missing some approaches in Aivlasoft EFB2 and I documentated one of them. It's the ILS27 approach at ENVA. I'm using the scenery from Aerosoft and deactivated other files like *ENVA*.BGL to .OFF (I'm using Orbx Norway).

I rebuilded the data via DbBuilder ("Update Simulator" and "Update Navdata") multiple times but without any luck. I use Navigraph 1909/R1 AIRAC cycle.

Enclosed you find the support files, a screenshot of the airport information from the client, a screenshot from "Airport Inspector" showing the ILS data from the BGL file, a screenshot out of FS-FlightControl (if that helps) and the BGL file itself.

Please have a look at the files.

Thank you in advance for any hint / best regards, Ralph

Screenshot ENVA-Information.png

ILS data in Airport Inspector for AFX_ENVA.BGL.png

ILS data in FS-FlightControl.png

Client_201908281820.txt.zip Server_201908281820.txt.zip AFX_ENVA.bgl

1 hour ago, Ralph said:

Hi there!

I know, that some people already post problems about missing approaches here, but anyhow I can't solve my problem. I am missing some approaches in Aivlasoft EFB2 and I documentated one of them. It's the ILS27 approach at ENVA. I'm using the scenery from Aerosoft and deactivated other files like *ENVA*.BGL to .OFF (I'm using Orbx Norway).

I rebuilded the data via DbBuilder ("Update Simulator" and "Update Navdata") multiple times but without any luck. I use Navigraph 1909/R1 AIRAC cycle.

Enclosed you find the support files, a screenshot of the airport information from the client, a screenshot from "Airport Inspector" showing the ILS data from the BGL file, a screenshot out of FS-FlightControl (if that helps) and the BGL file itself.

Please have a look at the files.

Thank you in advance for any hint / best regards, Ralph

Client_201908281820.txt.zip 40.72 kB · 0 downloads Server_201908281820.txt.zip 191.93 kB · 1 download AFX_ENVA.bgl 17.43 kB · 3 downloads

Hi Ralph,

Difficult to say at first sight. checking the procedures on my machine shows all available procedures. I however use NavDataPro Database Cycle 1909/R1. I need to have a deeper look into your DbDuilder Files. The Aerosoft ENVA BGL so far seems to be ok, which is - BTW - not always the case...😀

ENVA.png.15cb5c8e6d7ad1e893b433083891702a.png

7 minutes ago, Ralph said:

Hi Oskar,

thank you for your reply. Can I upload some more files from my machine that may help you?

My procedure site looks like this:

Hi Ralph,

This won't be necessary. On my second machine with Aerosoft's Vaernes nstalled I see the same. Something seems weird with the BGL... We'll find out in any case, hang on. The first screenshot is with ORBX Norway Scenery imporved airports. there all approaches show up normally.

Hi Ralph,

After analyzing the original BGL from the Aerosoft installation we see that a few assignments for ILSs are missing. How this happens and what compiler the developer uses, is unknown to us and not on our scope anyway.

Please replace the original BGL (don't delete the original, but set it to OFF) with this one, re-run the DbBuilder and all is back to normal.

AFX_ENVA.zip

Even if it sounds a bit harsh, but sometimes we feel like the carrion eaters at the end of the food chain. Whatever the designers have in mind with their designs, we have to cope with it and make it work in EFB. Somehow I feel that this is not the only way to solve problems but alas, as long as we find a solution, we are happy to provide our community with it. This new file has been compiled with the native P3DV4 SDK compiler and there are no more flaws - as far as I can tell so far. At  this occasion I have also corrected the RWY width of 140 m to 44 m. I haven^t seen any negative influence of this measure.

Hi Oskar,

I can comprehend that very well and believe every word you said about the scenery developers and the work you have with that at Aivlasoft. Especially therefore let me thank you very much for your help and let me thank you also for this great piece of software!

I would like to take care of such problems myself. Can you recommend a good source for informations how to edit and correct BGL files in such cases (even it is time intensive to dive deeper in this stuff)? Perhaps you can publish a short keyword list or a short tutorial or something like that to the public? (Only an idea from someone, who don't want to dump scenery developers shit in front of your door :-))

Best regards, Ralph

1 hour ago, Ralph said:

Hi Oskar,

I can comprehend that very well and believe every word you said about the scenery developers and the work you have with that at Aivlasoft. Especially therefore let me thank you very much for your help and let me thank you also for this great piece of software!

I would like to take care of such problems myself. Can you recommend a good source for informations how to edit and correct BGL files in such cases (even it is time intensive to dive deeper in this stuff)? Perhaps you can publish a short keyword list or a short tutorial or something like that to the public? (Only an idea from someone, who don't want to dump scenery developers shit in front of your door :-))

Best regards, Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately it is not possible to publish a how-to to edit existing BGLs, as this would in most cases conflict with copyright issues. Even publishing an altered BGL here is like moving on thin ice😉... Nevertheless for most users it is a good start to experiment with ScruffyDuck's ADE: http://www.scruffyduck.org/airport-design-editor/4584106799

Most important in any case is that the most recent P3DV4 SDK is installed, as ADE makes use of the native compilers - and this is one of the most important things that causes many issues if not properly observed.

For more detailed information about Bruce (Artwick's) Graphic Library or in short BGL's you can refer to - although not completely up-to-date - this website: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=BGL_File_Format . It can serve for a deeper analysis if you are familiar with reading binary files.