DB Builder stops after FTX Central4 installation

romair

Hello Experts

I just installed ORBX Lilydale YLiL Airport using their Add-on.xml.

DbBuilder stops to work at C:\Users\User\Orbx Library\p3dv4\YLIL Lilydale Airport\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YLIL

DbBuilder can no more closed and must be shut down by using Task Manager function.

I could not find any faults in their path structure.

Need help

Thanks Roger

DatabaseBuilder.jpg

Hello Roger,

For a first remedy please read here: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3705-db-builder/  Unfortunately we had neither information nor any support from ORBX for their new ORBX Central. It will take some time until we can fully support the new ORBX Central with EFB2. Until then please be a bit restrictive when applying the Central. We will provide a solution when we are ready.

Please also check our FAQ Section: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3714-new-orbx-central/

Hello Oski

Thanks for your fast support.

I deleted the scenery which was placed into P3D v4 using Add-on.xml manually. (To be seen on the screenshot on the first message)

I restarted the DbBuilder and the ORBX entry in the DB disappered and the DbBuilder worked again as usual.

I noticed the existing problem made by the central4 and I will wait to use central4 until we have better messages concerning the Add-on use.

regards Roger

To confirm, I have exactly the same problem with ORBX Central version 4, in my case, it is also an Australian airport that creates the freeze of the database builder: YMML, I deactivated the airport, but when running DB again it stopped at Package 51 (which contains YMML). Unfortunately, as I was not aware of the conflict with EFB (it is the first time I have such an issue in many years of usage), I already have migrated all my ORBX sceneries on v4, hence I will miss EFBv2 until you find the workaround.

Many thanks for your help. If you want me to test anything on my system, I would be glad to assist in any way I can.

To be complete, I had run P3D v4.5 several times before using the database builder.

Best regards,

38 minutes ago, Trinidad said:

To confirm, I have exactly the same problem with ORBX Central version 4, in my case, it is also an Australian airport that creates the freeze of the database builder: YMML, I deactivated the airport, but when running DB again it stopped at Package 51 (which contains YMML). Unfortunately, as I was not aware of the conflict with EFB (it is the first time I have such an issue in many years of usage), I already have migrated all my ORBX sceneries on v4, hence I will miss EFBv2 until you find the workaround.

Many thanks for your help. If you want me to test anything on my system, I would be glad to assist in any way I can.

To be complete, I had run P3D v4.5 several times before using the database builder.

Best regards,

Hi Jean-Claude,

You may have noticed that we have issued a thread about ORBX Central in the FAQ section. So far we have identifield a few issues that must be resolved before we can assure ORBX Central compatibility for EFB2. The main problem is in the area of scenery layer administration, which has changed completely and thoroughly with the introduction of layers applied within the "add-on.xml" files. As mentioned in the FAQ sectiion we were neither informed nor had we any chance to find out what ORBX had in mind before ORBX Central was released. Furthermore as you might have noticed in the respective ORBX Forum Thread, things are not really clear about the reliability of ORBX Central - not to say that things seem to be a bit messy...

ATM we are re-coding the entire section of BGL-Administration within the DBbuilder. This will take some time. So far we can't do anything else than coding and testing until a satiscafory solution is found.

Thank you for your offer to test on your system. Fortunately we have access to enough systems with an extended ORBX library to make sure we won't miss anything.

Hi all,

just let my frustration run wild at the ORBX forum. 8 pages of complaints in less then a week, must be a new record for them.

Even their own products do not work any longer, Vector Elevation correction, how good is this for a release.

Thank you for jumping straight onto it

Peter

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, ScottecLEMD said:

Guys,

Is there any update on whether FTX 4 is now compatible with EFB V2?  Just about to do a clean install but don´t want to waste my time on FTX4 if there is still an issue.

Many thanks,

Ken

EFB2 Build #114 is fully compatible with the add-on systematic of ORBX Central4. I use it daily and have done 2 vanilla installs of P3DV4 recently.