EFB Server crashes on start up

roanu

Since today I get the following error when I try to start the EFB Server:

"Only a part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed" (full error in attachments). It worked completely fine yesterday and I did nothing more than starting my PC again this morning. I installed no windows update, I did not start the DB builder this morning. I can't think of anything that has changed since yesterday. The server logs are included in the attachment which should contain all the information like system version and build number etc.

Reinstalling the server did not help. I tried starting it with the sim running and not running which doesnt make a difference. When does it crash? Well right after verifying the license. I always start the server with admin privileges. I tried restarting my PC including power-off for several minutes which did not help.

I would be happy about an answer what I can try next, thank you!

Cheers, Roman

AivlaSoft.Efb.Server_2019-07-13_14-26-22.png

Server_201907131358.txt.zip

Ok, it seems like the problem is not really related to Aivlasoft EFB. After playing around with different settings I noticed that Active Sky was unable to connect to P3d with a similar error. I then reinstalled the P3Dv4 client (version 4.5.12.30293) and after a restart both EFB Server and Active Sky worked again. So it seems to be a bug in the newest P3Dv4.5 version.

I have the same issue but everything else works (activesky, P3D, rex skyforce) and all runs properly but cannot open EFB server without getting the popup show in the OP post.  Just started this morning, used EFB not a day ago just fine.

Hi ??? (according to the forum rules, please sign your post with your first name)

Just started this morning, used EFB not a day ago just fine.

What has changed on this system since 'a day ago'? Any Windows updates, AV updates, other system settings altered?

Did you already try to 'google' this error message? It's definitely a problem beyond EFB.

1 hour ago, luissam said:

Also, after installed ver. 108, every time I open Server program it request to update to 108 version.

I have reinstalled many times, but request always to update to 108.

Regards

Luis

Hi Luis,

Sorry, it is completely impossible for us to determine the state of your install. We do not know WHAT you have installed HOW MANY times.

Please UNISTALL EFB2 (both Server and Client, using the uninstallers, do not just delete any files), download the latest installers for Build #108 from here: https://www.aivlasoft.com/download.html and reinstall EFB2 according to the procedures laid down in the Manual.

Please also bear in mind that whenever an update is offered, BOTH Server and Client need to be updated and restarted, before you can continue using EFB2.

• 3 weeks later...

Got An Error:

Decimal byte array constructor requires an array of length four containing valid decimal bytes. System.ArgumentException: Decimal byte array constructor requires an array of length four containing valid decimal bytes.   at System.Decimal.ToDecimal(Byte[] buffer)   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadDecimal()    at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadDecimal()   at o.o.r.x.w.b(BinaryReader A_0)   at o.o.r.o.v.xf(String A_0)     at o.o.r.o.v.xf(String A_0)   at o.o.o.y.d.b()

Tell Me How To Fix. I'm Using Navigraph Cycle 1908 & Prepar3D V4.5 Hotfix 1.

1 hour ago, Ahmed62 said:

Got An Error:

Decimal byte array constructor requires an array of length four containing valid decimal bytes. System.ArgumentException: Decimal byte array constructor requires an array of length four containing valid decimal bytes.   at System.Decimal.ToDecimal(Byte[] buffer)   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadDecimal()    at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadDecimal()   at o.o.r.x.w.b(BinaryReader A_0)   at o.o.r.o.v.xf(String A_0)     at o.o.r.o.v.xf(String A_0)   at o.o.o.y.d.b()

Tell Me How To Fix. I'm Using Navigraph Cycle 1908 & Prepar3D V4.5 Hotfix 1.

Hi ?????

Please observe the forum rules https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/2522-forum-rules-read-before-post/  and provide a set of support files.