Client Installation failed

Hi,

after I could not built a flightplan anymore (black screen, when clicking FPL and message that no flightplan was created yet), I tried to install the client (on the same client PC as before as Admin(!)), several attempts always end with the message

Fehler beim Überschreiben der Datei  C:\Program Files\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\Aivlasoft.Common.dll

Ignoring/ending and starting the EFB Client again ends with the message, that it is running already (?).

Restarting the Client PC and starting the EFB Client again, fail with the message:

Application Init: EFB Client`s data folder (taken from registry) doesn`t exist. Please re-install EFB Client

bei o.o.r.w.y.ov2()

bei o.o.r.oj.g()

After reinstallation Client is waiting for the Server PC although active there and correct IP adress.

EFB version 2.1 build'108.

11 minutes ago, wolkenschieber said:

Hi Oskar,

both, Server and Client are build#108, and I uninstalled the Client first. But I left the Server as it was , should I have unstalled the Server as well ?

Hi Bernd,

Build #108 is ok. There's one part of your initial message that I don't understand: "After reinstallation Client is waiting for the Server PC although active there and correct IP adress." I take it that you are running both Server and Client on the same PC? In this case you don't need a specific IP address of your Server.

It might be worth to post a set of support Files to dig a bit into this case. So far I have no clue why those warnings appear and I have never seen it before. I have installed EFB2 quite a few times on several computers, locally and networked. Still I'm really missing an idea what could cause this.

Hi Oskar,

Server and Client are running on different PCs.

My Client PC is still on Win 7 and there was an update this morning, what obviously did any harm to the network (?). At least as I just tryed to get the log file on the Client (writing on the Server PC) I could not open the file/drive. Means I can no longer open files on the Win 7 PC asking from the Win 10 (Server). The other way arround it works. have to check that.

Question, is the client "asking" the Server PC or is the Server "sending", as far as the EFB is concerned ? Just to find out if the network causes the trouble ? 

Hi Oskar,

Win 7.

Although the Win 10 PC recognizes the Win 7 PC and its drives, I have no allowance to open them from the Win 10 PC. The other way arround it is working.

But all other programms, Prosim display and CDU, Topcat etc (all on the Client Win 7 PC are working).

The log file from the client I have to send from there (follows()

Aivlasoft.png

Hi Bernd,

the Server and the Client are not using the same port number. Please uninstall both, the Server and the Client. Please do not try to delete any files manually, the uninstaller will remove the required files properly. Then download the latest complete installers for both the Client and the Server. After a fresh installation of both, you have to enter the license key.