Roland Knöpfel

Licence certrificate is not valid on this machine

Since updating Windows 10 to version 1903, I often get the above message. Furthermore, I have to start simplecam manually eventhought I have marked the box to autostart in the configurator. Before Windows version 1903 I never had this. Are you aware of this or what could cause this behaviour?

Any help much appreciated. Best Roland

Screenshot 2019-06-10 09.48.11.png

Hi Roland,

EFB Server:

it seems that some computer information has been altered through the update of Windows 10  1903.

1) Please delete the file "<EFB data path>\Server\License\AivlaSoft_Efb_V2_0.dlsc"

2) Then start EFB Server and it will display the 'Enter License' dialog. Enter the license key and press 'Install LICENSE'.

SimpleCam:

Maybe the 'add-on.xml' file is no longer available. Please run the SimpleCam Configuration program. It will check/create the 'add-on.xml' file. Then close the configuration program and start the simulator. Now SC should be started automatically again.

Sorry Roland, my fault! Obviously I haven't been woken up this morning when I answered ... I did not realize that the error message comes from SC, I thought it's EFB.

Same, or similar remedy:

- Locate the *.dlsc file from SimpleCam, which is usually in: "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\SimpleCam\License"

- Remove the file "AivlaSoft_SimpleCam_v1.dlsc"

- Manually start SimpleCam, it now should display the license enter dialog

- Enter your license key and press 'Enter LICENSE".

Next time when you start SimpleCam, the error message should no longer appear.

Regarding the auto-start of SimpleCam, I first have to ask which simulator: FSX or P3D?

P3D:

Could you please check whether the file "add-on.xml" is in the following directory:

"C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\AivlaSoft SimpleCam"

If the file is there, then it should automatically be started upon the start of the simulator

FSX:

In the directory: "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" you should find a file named 'exe.xml'. Can you check, whether there is an entry for SimpleCam in this file?

Hi Urs, I have fired up my sim (P3Dv4.5 HF1) several times today and SimpleCam was always launched automatically as well. I think you can check this post as solved. Thanks for your quick  help. Best Regards Roland