Strange Warning in dbBuilder

boogie

Hello, I did get a warning from dbBuilder that no add-on.xml was found in the folder "..\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MKSTUDIOS - GCFV"
I had a look and it was true so I thought that something should be wrong with the installation.
When I re-installed GCFV I found out that the scenery isn't installed by add-on.xml method!?

So I deleted the folder MKSTUDIOS - GCFV.
No I get the message "..\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MKSTUDIOS - GCFV folder not found" by dbBuilder

This is what I don't understand because I thought dbBuilder just looks in all folders of  Prepar3D v4 Add-ons and analyzes the add-on.xml files

Is there any file where I could look for an entry about this GCFV folder?

Thanks in advance

Klaus

15 hours ago, boogie said:

Hello, I did get a warning from dbBuilder that no add-on.xml was found in the folder "..\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MKSTUDIOS - GCFV"
I had a look and it was true so I thought that something should be wrong with the installation.
When I re-installed GCFV I found out that the scenery isn't installed by add-on.xml method!?

So I deleted the folder MKSTUDIOS - GCFV.
No I get the message "..\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MKSTUDIOS - GCFV folder not found" by dbBuilder

This is what I don't understand because I thought dbBuilder just looks in all folders of  Prepar3D v4 Add-ons and analyzes the add-on.xml files

Is there any file where I could look for an entry about this GCFV folder?

Thanks in advance

Klaus

Hello Klaus,

If the package method (package installations paths in add-on.xml) is not used, then the airport installation path is entered into the conventional scenery.cfg, as it was used to be in FSX. It seems however strange that the installer made and entry Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MKSTUDIOS - GCFV without putting an add-ons.xml into it. The warning you get right now points to the fact that obviously apackage has been installed but the respective add-ons.xml is not being found as you deleted the path.

I think it is best to delete all traces for this airport and re-install from scratch. Dont' forget that - depending on the installer method - you need to run P3D up to the GUI, to allow proper management of its addon packages. After running up to this point, close P3D and then only start the DBBuilder. The DBBuilder cannot find an addon if it is not properly managed by P3Ds addon management system.

Thx for your help Oskar, I de-installed Fuerte, started P3d , started dbBuilder...Warning is gone

Installed Fuerte again, started P3D (no Add-on.xml message), started dbBuilder....still no warning

So everything is fine now although I still don't understand it as Fuerte is definitely installed using the old method.

But anyway...result is as wanted, thank you very much!

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

I just installed GCFV on one of my systems and I didn't see anything unusual going on after the install was completed. The airport is conventionally installed in "..\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\MKSTUDIOS" and registered in the scenery.cfg. The new package system of P3D is not used. Furthermore I did not see any entry in the "C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" as you mentioned in your fist post (which is not necessary for a conventional install anyway). So on my side everything works normally without any additional input.

Hi Oskar,

same for me here now. I have no idea where this folder came from. I just can guess that I did it somehow accidently (maybe in Simstarter?) although I don't recall
to have done anything else than installing the scenery.

So then again, thanks for your help!

Klaus