All airports appear as addons - XPlane

Jiblet

I'm using XPlane and have a few addon airports in my custom scenery, but not every single airport in the world :)

I was hoping that EFB2 would let me determine which airports I have custom scenery and which done. Now on first look at the client manual it talks about the differences between the red, green and blue airport icons - which all appear fine - but it also mentions that addon airports appear as an asterisk with a circle, whereas normal airports (base game airports if you like) just have a bare asterisk.

This is what I see for a random area in the USA where I have no addons.

On further examination of a random airport it seems that EFB counts "Custom Scenery\Global Airports" as addon airports, but they're not! Those come from the XPlane scenery gateway and come with the base XPlane install, and contain every 3D airport in the game world.

is there anything that can be done to ignore the "Global Airports" folder when determining if an airport is an addon?

Thanks! And while I'm here, can I say how much I love EFB2? Congratulations on a brilliant product.

10 minutes ago, Jiblet said:

I'm using XPlane and have a few addon airports in my custom scenery, but not every single airport in the world :)

I was hoping that EFB2 would let me determine which airports I have custom scenery and which done. Now on first look at the client manual it talks about the differences between the red, green and blue airport icons - which all appear fine - but it also mentions that addon airports appear as an asterisk with a circle, whereas normal airports (base game airports if you like) just have a bare asterisk.

This is what I see for a random area in the USA where I have no addons.

On further examination of a random airport it seems that EFB counts "Custom Scenery\Global Airports" as addon airports, but they're not! Those come from the XPlane scenery gateway and come with the base XPlane install, and contain every 3D airport in the game world.

is there anything that can be done to ignore the "Global Airports" folder when determining if an airport is an addon?

Thanks! And while I'm here, can I say how much I love EFB2? Congratulations on a brilliant product.

Yes, you are right. Well observed!😀 This is on our list for the next update. We have noticed this too. Unfortunately this happened when we changed the working order of EFB's scanning for airports. And thank you for your kind compliments!