YSCB switches to ZSCB taxiing to Rwy 35

EFB Server v2.1 #108 and Client v2.1 #108.

I have Orbx Canberra installed. When positioned at a gate the client corrrectly shows the airport layout for YSCB. However, when I taxi towards 35 and pass the half-way point the map changes to ZSCB - Canberra GA (China).

I line up on 35 and take-off. Once airborne the map detail returns and I can see my route to Sydney. But in the top of the map it still shows ZSCB but then soon changes to YSCB. All is well thereafter. Any ideas how to fix this?

1 hour ago, RayProudfoot said:

EFB Server v2.1 #108 and Client v2.1 #108.

I have Orbx Canberra installed. When positioned at a gate the client corrrectly shows the airport layout for YSCB. However, when I taxi towards 35 and pass the half-way point the map changes to ZSCB - Canberra GA (China).

I line up on 35 and take-off. Once airborne the map detail returns and I can see my route to Sydney. But in the top of the map it still shows ZSCB but then soon changes to YSCB. All is well thereafter. Any ideas how to fix this?

Ray, you must have a mix-up in your installation. there is no ZSCB existing in China. If it shows up in your database, you must have an installation pointing to that ICAO Code (apparently a Typo YSCB ->ZSCB). To me it looks like a modified afcad BGL lurking around somewhere.

A possible way to find the culprit is to place the A/C to a point where the it is apparently on the ZSCB airport and then look into the Info (i) Window to check the active file.

Thanks Oskar. It’s the strangest thing I’ve seen in P3D and EFB. If it displayed ZSCB continuously whilst on the ground it would make more sense than switching based on ground position. 

The installation has has been handled by ORBX as it places all scenery into its own parent folder. I shall investigate and report back.

10 minutes ago, RayProudfoot said:

Thanks Oskar. It’s the strangest thing I’ve seen in P3D and EFB. If it displayed ZSCB continuously whilst on the ground it would make more sense than switching based on ground position. 

The installation has has been handled by ORBX as it places all scenery into its own parent folder. I shall investigate and report back.

Ray, I just checked my ORBX installation and indeed ORBX has "invented" a new airport by adding a BGL named ZSCB for RWY 12/30. Not really a good idea. It also appears in the P3D airport directory! I'll see what we can do to overcome this. In fact ORBX is always good for their own "engineering" ideas where they don't give a d*** what others so. We'll find a solution for that sooner or later.

Hi Oskar,

I searched the ORBX forum and found someone with this question. They add this ZSCB AFCAD for light aircraft for Rwy 12/30 as you state. Since I have no interest in seeing GA use a different runway I shall disable that BGL. That will fix my problem but if you wish to find a solution for the wider EFB customer base that would be a good idea.

I agree they are a law unto themselves with their imaginative AFCAD designs but their scenery does look very good.

In fact, ATM there is not much we can do. If ORBX's Boss decides that RWY12/30 in YSCB Canberra is a new, NON-AIRAC and NON-ICAO Airport ZSCB then be it that way. To fight with him about such an issue is as useless as fighting with Laminar's Boss on X-Plane issues. Rule #1 applies to both of them: They are the best all over the world and they are alwyays right! Should a rare case show up where they are not right, then automatically Rule #1 applies...🤣

I will see whether I can issue a new AFCAD including both runways. Unfortunately this ZSBC airport also features different parking spots that do not coincide with those of YSCB. Furthermore the configuration settings of YSCB use different basic AFCAD configurations (Ground polygons, RWY only, Static airplanes on or off etc) which might then be lost.

ATM the only solution is to deactivate the ORBX_ZSCB_APX.BGL. This way of course RWY 12/30 is lost. Procedures for this RWY (one DEP and one ARR) are lost anyway, as they cannot be attached to the airport ZSCB.

I've read through a few topics about this issue and from the replies it's pretty clear that even if I was to complain or ask for an alternative AFCAD that includes both runways the request would fall on deaf ears.

I've just taxied to 35 and at least EFB now shows my aircraft at YSCB without the switch to a non-existent airfield. I see there is a modified AFCAD on AvSim and althought it was designed for FSX I imagine there's a reasonable chance it might work with P3D. It's worth a crack. https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxafcad&DLID=155044

Having just substituted Ray Smith's FSX AFCAD I don't think it's worth it. Taxiway B is misaligned and there are taxiway signs in the middle of taxiways.

I'll revert to the original but keep the ZSCB one disabled. That's how the others have coped when flying airliners.

• 1 year later...

Hi gents. I'm resurrecting this topic as I've spent some time integrating Rwy 12/30 into the existing AFCAD that has Rwy 17/35. I've cleaned up a few faults and my AFCAD is attached.

It's been created for P3Dv5 but may also work with v4.

Locate ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YSCB\Scenery, rename ORBX_YSCB_APX_1.BGL and ORBX_ZSCB_APX.BGL and drop the attached BGL into the same folder.

As well as introducing Rwy 12/30 it also solves the problem of the EFB map changing to a different airport name when taxiing to Rwy 35. I haven't replicated all the GA parking spots mainly because even using AIG Ai there simply isn't the traffic to justify the extra work.

Oskar, it looks okay to me but as always I'm happy for you to check things out.

YSCB_ADEP5_RAY.bgl