Online Traffic sometimes not shown / ADR center not displayed

AUA9085

Hi,

I recognized that on my last flights.

Sometimes, the Online Traffic (VATSIM) is not shown.

I am on ground right now in LOWW, with 1 Airplane @ Gate. The Plane is shown and visible in my simulator but its not listed in the traffic monitor of Aivlasofts System.

What can cause this?

P3D 4.5 HF1 + latest Version of Aivlasoft and vPilot.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi ??? (according to the forum rules, please sign your post with your real first name).

Whenever there is a difference between vPilot and EFB, please bear in mind that there is a time delay between them 'by design', because EFB and vPilot do not get their data through the same channels.

If you see a difference as you described in your post above, I need more data to investigate.

In such a situation could you please provide the following data (all taken at the 'same' time):

- Support file from the Server

- Support file from the Client

- File 'downloadVatsim.tmp' in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp

- Description of what is missing, also screenshots are helpful

Thanks.

22 hours ago, tstemmer said:

hm, this problem is also here in my EFB with vpilot and flying on VATSIM.

I see f.e. all ATC stations around me, (LRUB_CTR)  but not ADR_E_CTR/ADR_W_CTR. But: on the radio-panel these Callsign (ADR_E_CTR) is shown correctly. 

I have the same issue right now also with ADR_CTR

The CTR is not shown on EFB.

AI Traffic is shown

VatsimStatus.txt downloadVatsim.zip

Hi ??? (according to the forum rules, please sign your post with your real first name).

21 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

In such a situation could you please provide the following data (all taken at the 'same' time):

- Support file from the Server

- Support file from the Client

- File 'downloadVatsim.tmp' in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp

- Description of what is missing, also screenshots are helpful

Support files from the Server and the Client are missing (taken at the same time).

In the meantime, after several tests, I could reproduce the described behavior. It's because ADR, ADR-W, and ADR-E are defined as FIRs without an assigned boundary, and also as UIR. This is not according to the specifications. However I have added a fix which will be available with next update of EFB.

On 7/28/2019 at 6:08 PM, aivlasoft said:

In the meantime, after several tests, I could reproduce the described behavior. It's because ADR, ADR-W, and ADR-E are defined as FIRs without an assigned boundary, and also as UIR. This is not according to the specifications. However I have added a fix which will be available with next update of EFB.

In the meantime I found an easier way to fix it. Just replace the current vatsim.dat file with a new one which no longer has these wrong definitions. This new file also reflects the latest data definitions. You may download it here: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3703-new-vatsim-data-file/