EFB (v1) and P3D v4.5

DaveRUK

Yes I know EFB v1 is old product to many, but I'm still using it (though coincidentally I started looking more closely at v2 last week) - anyways, I'm just looking for any views as to whether there's any reason v1 should not continue to work with P3D v4.5. I'm on v4.4 right now and that's fine. Thanks in advance.

Dave

4 hours ago, DaveRUK said:

Yes I know EFB v1 is old product to many, but I'm still using it (though coincidentally I started looking more closely at v2 last week) - anyways, I'm just looking for any views as to whether there's any reason v1 should not continue to work with P3D v4.5. I'm on v4.4 right now and that's fine. Thanks in advance.

Dave

Hi Dave,

From a logical standpoint there is no reason why P3D V4.5 should not work the same way as the previous version. EFB v1 connects via SimConnect and there haven't been any recent changes in that protocol.

3 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Hi Dave,

From a logical standpoint there is no reason why P3D V4.5 should not work the same way as the previous version. EFB v1 connects via SimConnect and there haven't been any recent changes in that protocol.

Thanks Oskar, that's perfect and TBH what I was hoping to hear. I'm just a little cautious and prefer to check and prepare ahead of making changes.
That said, I am hoping to move to EFB v2 at some point! ☺️

regards

Dave

• 2 years later...