Full screen

48 minutes ago, George Shepherd said:

well that took a bit of doing installing for  FSX STEAM. Finally have what looks like a working copy BUT its FULL screen and I cant grab a corner to resize 

or even close as you normally would in right top corner . have tried ESC. ANY SUGGESTIONS apreachiated 

Do you have the standard window symbols in the top right corner? What installation path did you use for EFB v2? Did you try the Windows Standard Resizing Command by double-clicking the top bar?

WIND_CON.png.c58f71dd0388cb32b828f022eb4ed2c3.png

11 minutes ago, George Shepherd said:

what you show is not there  which is the problem and I can not grab a side or corner to shrink 

as for installation path 

E:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\FSX

C:\PROGRAMDATA\MICROSOFT\FSX

Regards George

Hi George,

Sorry, I have no explanation for that as I have never seen it. To me it sounds as if the Client Window is larger than the display screen. What is the size of the screen you are using for EFB display? Is it a scond screen? Does it fulfill the size requirements of minimum 1280 x 960Pixels? It would be really helpful if you could provide a bit more details on your installation. This way we have to go back and forth to find out basics on the what's and whereabouts of your installation... A question though: why did you not use the default installation paths for EFB v2?

20 minutes ago, George Shepherd said:

they did not work ie client sat waiting for server      cant seem to send pics file size to large could you send email addy 

Sorry George,

You did not even answer ONE of my above questions. I am unable to help you this way. Please uninstall EFB v2 (using the standard Uninstallers) and make a complete re-install using the default installation paths. Then proceed to the setup as per Manual and when finished provide all necessary information as per Forum Rules, section 3. https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/2522-forum-rules-read-before-post/

Sorry to have bothered you at 75 it takes me a bit longer to understand what is required re computers I have spent all day yesterday trying to get this to work and then THIS tried different screen sizes

THE DEFAULT PATHS DID NOT WORK =========

Hi George,

you have to set the paths properly, according to your current
installation. Unfortunately for FSX-SE this cannot be done automatically.

The selected database has to be in accordance with the running
simulator, otherwise it will not work.

WHAT I THEN     DID MADE IT WORK --- BUT WITH THIS PROBLEM 

IF NOT RESOLVEABLE WILL AS FOR MONEY BACK 

Further if I may, took advice to uninstall and reinstall but did it the way that I got it to work, I now have the prog on my left screen (full screen) but now with the required icons I can now close it down or send to tray but can not resize by sides or corner BUT I can live with this. What I suspect happened is that I clicked the ( - middle icon X) which sent program across all three screens and hid the top right icons ----    NO intention of proving this. What are your thoughts on using teamviewer 14 to assist us auld yins 

Kind Regards George

1 hour ago, George Shepherd said:

Further if I may, took advice to uninstall and reinstall but did it the way that I got it to work, I now have the prog on my left screen (full screen) but now with the required icons I can now close it down or send to tray but can not resize by sides or corner BUT I can live with this. What I suspect happened is that I clicked the ( - middle icon X) which sent program across all three screens and hid the top right icons ----    NO intention of proving this. What are your thoughts on using teamviewer 14 to assist us auld yins 

Kind Regards George

George,

We still do not know your exact configuration and installation. Please submit the Support Files, so we can at least try to figure this out.

Hi George,

Thank you for the Support files. However there is still one important information missing:

Where do you display the Client? On a second screen? in this case: What is the size and the arrangement of all your screen? Are you aware of the minimum requirements for a possible scond screen to be as per specifications to be read here: https://www.aivlasoft.com/specifications.html Screen Resolution: Minimum 1280 x 960 is required.

• 10 months later...

I understand what Mr. Shepard is referring. (I think).

I would like to buy your product also but it is totally un-useful because the screen can not be shrunk.  What do I mean?

I would like to run the EFB on my second monitor.  I also need to view my VATSIM connection on my second monitor. 

My second monitor is a Samsung 24"  1920 x 1080.

EFB will NOT or CAN NOT be resized to accomodate my VATSIM which I use at the bottom of my second monitor.

I can use the resize blocks you refer in the upper right hand corner of the EFB window, but it only will shrink a little bit and efforts to grab the window with the mouse on either side or the top and bottom to resize the window is futile.

Your product is exactly what I am looking for in my flight planning and flight monitoring.  But I will not buy it for the reason I and Mr. Shepard have told to you.

Get the EFB window to resize to a smaller size and I will buy it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hy Ursch i bought efb v2 this weekend, we mailed in connection with the coupon, i have also the problem that i cannot resize my client screen. The server screen is okay but i like to resize the client because (like in v1)  i have a second monitor which i also use vpilot on. My screen resolutions are 1920/1080. I like to minimize the upper border a little. Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2020 at 3:26 AM, KiloJuliett said:

With this resolution, there is still sufficient space for other applications. However, the minimum resolution required for the EFB Client is 1280 x 960.

Understood, but that does not give me enough room to run VPilot below EFB.  I'm not being argumentive. Just stating that with the 1280 x 960 it leaves no room for viewable VPilot to run below EFB.

I've tried every "resizing" option I know of.  EFB will not shrink to allow another program.  Its right in the math.   1080 -  960  only leave  120.  That is not usable.

As much as I like your product I can not buy something I can not use. Especially when other similar products do fit and are usable within the viewable area of my monitor.

The problem I have is I really don't like the other products as much as yours.   And I will not add a third monitor.