EFB as Networked Client-Can't Connect

Noell

I'm trying to get the EFB v2.1 (build #108) client to run on a networked PC (System2) but I can't get it to connect.
I have the server running on my main flightsim system ((System1) but the client running on System 2 hangs on "Waiting for server (on computer 'System1').

If I run the client on my main flight sim system, it runs fine.

And I can run other programs as networked clients (Plan-G, LittleNavMap and Pilot2ATC ) with no problems.

BTW, the two computers are hard-wired to my router.

The funny thing is, I set up EFB as a networked client a few months ago with no problems.
The problem only appeared recently after rebuilding my System 2 and re-installing the EFB client so I must be missing something this time around in setting up EFB to run in networked mode.

I tried temporarily turning off the Windows 10 firewall on both machines but that did not change anything.

Also checked on the TCP Port Numbers for Client and Server and to me it looks like they are both set to 51748.

Help would be appreciated. The log and support files are attached.

Thanks in advance,
Lloyd

clientLogfile.txt serverLogfile.txt Client_201905101129.txt.zip Server_201905101130.txt.zip

Lloyd,

It looks as if you hadn't properly set up your networked client. the Log says:

2019-05-10 10:53:04.450   Debug   : IP address of this computer ('SYSTEM2') is 192.168.0.197
2019-05-10 10:53:04.453   Debug   : Server mode is 'local'
2019-05-10 10:53:04.455   Debug   : Using IP endpoint 127.0.0.1/51748

You need to enter the Server Computer's IP address in the "Server Location" field on the Client's Settings page.